Celsius Settings

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
poolman

Celsius Settings

Post by poolman »

Hi All

Is there a way to set my chiller/fan temp in Celsius without reloading the memory all the time, I have the latest version and still can only set temp in farenheight(no idea how to spell it). On the Iphone or Ipad apps it does not have settings for chillers, the overheat measures 280C instead of 28.
The ReefAngel client only has Farenheight.
RAGen also only does faranheight

So the only way I can set my chiller is using notepad and changing the memory file, this is trial and error as sometimes it needs the decimal left out and other times it does not.

For us in warm climates this is far more critical than heater functions, I don't think my heater has come on for about two years.

Thanks

Bryan
binder

Re: Celsius Settings

Post by binder »

Do you have the controller set to operate in Celsius?

The latest RAGen (v1.2.2.171) does F & C.

When setting the temperatures, you must use 3 digits (without the decimal point). The farthest right number is the decimal value. It has to do with how the controller handles temperatures. So 28.0C is actually written as 280. You do not ever need to put a decimal point in it.
You should not always have to reload the InternalMemory file to change the values. I do not know what all the iphone app can do, but you can always use the Java Status app (http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=246)to set the values OR you can manually set them yourself with a web browser. The web browser is more tricky but is possible.
poolman

Re: Celsius Settings

Post by poolman »

Thanks Curtis, used the new RAGen and everything is now working.
Thanks for the help