Two minor issues with RA+ Upgrade

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
dedvalson

Two minor issues with RA+ Upgrade

Post by dedvalson »

Hi,

I got my RA+ upgrade. The new USB power cable made it really nice because I could program the new controller board before installing it into the system.

I have run into two issues. I have a hard time believing that either of these are related to the RA+, but I am looking for troubleshooting ideas.

1. I turned on DisplayImages (now that I have room for it), but I don't get any images displayed. I see these images are in the i2c memory. Is that different on the RA+ or am I just doing something stupid.

2. I can no longer set or read the ReefAngel time of day using the RA client. Fortunately I have room for the on-screen version of this so that I can do it there now.

What is really cool is that now I can turn on Portal directly and that is working well.

Thanks,

Don
rimai

Re: Two minor issues with RA+ Upgrade

Post by rimai »

That's strange it doesn't update time.
Nothing was changed. Can you update time with the Portal?
The images were not preloaded on the i2c eeprom memory. Sorry :-(
I'll post the code to load them up later. I'm on the road all day today.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

dedvalson wrote:Hi,

I got my RA+ upgrade. The new USB power cable made it really nice because I could program the new controller board before installing it into the system.

I have run into two issues. I have a hard time believing that either of these are related to the RA+, but I am looking for troubleshooting ideas.

1. I turned on DisplayImages (now that I have room for it), but I don't get any images displayed. I see these images are in the i2c memory. Is that different on the RA+ or am I just doing something stupid.
Make sure you exit out of Arduino first before you change the Features file. Then reopen Arduino and compile and upload your code. Arduino keeps things cached to speed up the build process and doesn't know if you changed the features file or not. The images are only displayed in Feeding and Water change modes too (just in case you weren't aware).
OR maybe it's the problem that Roberto mentioned. :)
2. I can no longer set or read the ReefAngel time of day using the RA client. Fortunately I have room for the on-screen version of this so that I can do it there now.
There is nothing different with the commands. The client just treats it as a RA device. There is nothing different with the code and the way the date and time are set on the RA+ vs the RA. It may have been a slight fluke. Have you tried to update it manually?
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... time#p1755

Something worthwhile to make sure you are getting the right data.
dedvalson

Post by dedvalson »

The problem with setting and reading the time went away as mysteriously as it appeared, sorry to have bothered you.

I think the image issue must be what Roberto mentioned, I will reload the i2c when he posts the code. Obviously this is not a serious issue.

Thanks,

Don
rimai

Post by rimai »

Here it is
Attachments
AllIconLoad.ino
(88.16 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
Roberto.