v1.0.0 Libraries

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
rimai

v1.0.0 Libraries

Post by rimai »

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to inform the release of the libraries version 1.0.0.
The prefered method to update is downloading the latest Reef Angel Installer, which can be found here: http://www.reefangel.com/Download.ashx

This release will come with the following:
  • Arduino IDE with auto-selection of features and update checks.
  • Libraries v1.0.0
  • Wizard v2.0.1
This new Arduino IDE scans through your code looking for keywords and assigns features based on your code.
There is no need for manually changing features file or using RAGen to pick your features anymore.
The file that contains all the keywords and features is located at \Documents\Arduino\update\features.txt
It also has an update check that will retrieve the latest library version and compare to the one you have currently installed in your system. This check happens eveytime you start Arduino IDE. If it finds an update, it will prompt you to download it.
The list of files to be downloaded can be found in the file \Documents\Arduino\update\source.txt

With this release, there was a change on the location of where memory settings are being stored.
This is only applicable to those that use memory settings.
The change log for the libraries is here: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1473
After installing, you will need to reload an internal memory file to reinitialize the new memory locations.
You can do this by uploading the InitialInternalMemory file, which can be found on menu File->Sketchbook->Example Codes->InitialInternalMemory
That's it. You are ready to generate a new code with the new Reef Angel Wizard by going to menu Tools->Reef Angel Wizard

Previous internal memory codes will not work anymore. You will need to update that code by replacing the following line:

Code: Select all

InternalMemory.IMCheck_write(0x5241494D);
With this line:

Code: Select all

InternalMemory.IMCheck_write(0xCF06A31E);
If you prefer to just use the current memory settings store in your controller, you can simply load this memory settings convertion INO file:
MemorySettingsConvertion.ino
(8.95 KiB) Downloaded 579 times
It will copy all memory locations from previous locations to the new ones.

I hope you enjoy the new features and happy coding :ugeek:

Roberto.
Roberto.
fatman

Re: v1.0.0 Libraries

Post by fatman »

Hot Dog! Can't wait to try it in the morning. Thanks a lot, this sounds great.

Fatman
binder

Post by binder »

RAGen does not generate the new Internal Memory file properly yet. It has not been updated to work with the new libraries. It will eventually get updated to remove the Features tab and also to generate the proper memory file.

It is recommended to use the Reef Angel Wizard to generate your INO files for your controller.
projectx

Post by projectx »

Im not seeing the wizard, just the RA Gen.
is it a seperate download or am I missing something?
binder

Post by binder »

projectx wrote:Im not seeing the wizard, just the RA Gen.
is it a seperate download or am I missing something?
You have to open up Arduino (that gets installed by the Reef Angel Installer) and then goto the Tools menu and select Reef Angel Wizard.
projectx

Post by projectx »

Ahh OK thanks was beginning to think I was losing it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
projectx

Post by projectx »

Thanks, nice tool.
one question, if you want to make standard lights port x come on at 9am off at 9am,
but standard light port Y come on at 11am and off at 7pm do you do it the same way as you did in the previous libraries?
rimai

Post by rimai »

You can do the same way :)
Roberto.
projectx

Post by projectx »

Perfect, thank you
jsclownfish

Post by jsclownfish »

A couple questions on the new memory locations...
1) Can I still use the space I have for my autofeeder, 700-705.? or do I need to redefine that space?
2) Where is a 'safe' region that won't mess with the new internal memory locations for these 'core' values? I want to try to fix my code that keeps a running average or maybe graph out ORP on the display.
3) Is there a key to the new memory locations? I usually just use Curt's status web app to make changes when needed.

and on another note, is there a 'cheatsheet' to the wifi commands that have been implemented? I use them occasionally,but always wind up digging through the forums to remember them.

Thanks!
Jon
rimai

Post by rimai »

You should be safe to use those. I relocated to 200 and we've used about 130, so we are at 330 right now.
I don't think we have the wifi commands anywhere actually.
I'll get another post with them
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

jsclownfish wrote:A couple questions on the new memory locations...
1) Can I still use the space I have for my autofeeder, 700-705.? or do I need to redefine that space?
Yes, you can keep using it. However you may want to migrate to another space just in case. See next comment.
2) Where is a 'safe' region that won't mess with the new internal memory locations for these 'core' values? I want to try to fix my code that keeps a running average or maybe graph out ORP on the display.
A safe region would be from 0 - 199. The new memory locations start at 200. It would be advisable to move to the region I mentioned.
3) Is there a key to the new memory locations? I usually just use Curt's status web app to make changes when needed.
My status app has all the new memory locations. If you want to see the locations, you can open up the Globals.h file and look for the lines that begin with #define Mem_. That will tell you what the locations are according to your libraries. I will try my best to keep up with all the locations as they are added.
and on another note, is there a 'cheatsheet' to the wifi commands that have been implemented? I use them occasionally,but always wind up digging through the forums to remember them.
If you look in the RA_Wifi.cpp file, you can see what the command are that are allowed. Like Roberto said, he will be posting a list of the commands as well.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.