temperatures getting stuck?

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
chrome

temperatures getting stuck?

Post by chrome »

Has anyone experienced temperatures getting stuck and not updating? I've unplugged controller, and it changes temp, but goes back to being stuck again.

I only noticed it because I been working on a php dashboard for my reefangel that has graphs, email/rss alerts and It's been stuck on the same temp for hours.

The windows gadget by Dave is also reporting the same temp as my scripts.
dmolton

Re: temperatures getting stuck?

Post by dmolton »

I've never had any one of my 3 sensors get stuck. Maybe twice inthe past year, though I have seen a sensor just for a brief second skyrocket and report something to like 3000* and then go right back to normal. I caught it once on my graph. The second time I just saw an SMS alert. This was a weird anomole, though and only happened twice in the past year or so. Always with temp sensor number two that wasn't even in the water. Could have been a weird bug in my software or maybe my crazy cat messing with a dangling sensor. Never stuck, though.
binder

Post by binder »

I haven't heard of anybody's temp sensors getting stuck either. Like dave said, every now and then there can be a sudden change in the temp and then it's back to normal. I added a temp sensor check to ensure the temp doesn't change drastically within 1 second to prevent those sudden mishaps.

curt
chrome

Post by chrome »

Yep, it's temp2 sensor. It was working for awhile, now all of a sudden the past day its been stuck. I unplugged controller and plugged it back in, temp2 updated once and stuck there ever since. Hmm, dunno.
chrome

Post by chrome »

Welp my temp2 is stuck once again

Started getting stuck on July 15th @ 4:46pm. My monitor script displays updates by the minute and every minute from then till now it's been stuck at 780. Checked the display on controller to verify and sure enough it's just not updating.
rimai

Post by rimai »

An quick update on this issue:
The problem was the extension cable that was not working correctly.
So, it would read correctly the first time and then back to 0.
With the development libraries, there is a safety check for abnormal readings, but not for faulty sensor.
I'll request the feature to be added in the dev libraries.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

let me know what the check is for a faulty sensor and I'll add it in.

curt