Libraries v0.8.5.16

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
binder

Libraries v0.8.5.16

Post by binder »

Just released 0.8.5.16

The highlights are minimal but include:
  • Fixed SingleATO timeout
  • Added Watchdog support for optiboot controller (#define WDT enables inside Features file)
  • Changed default colors for relay boxes: RED background - OFF, GREEN background - ON
  • Removed HTTP/1.1 line when the controller updates the web banner
0.8.5.15 had a laundry list of updates that were not displayed anywhere specifically. Here's the highlights of that release:
  • Sending relay information to reefangel.com for web banner display for the additional expansion relays
    • can only send main relay from unit
    • add in ability to send expansion relays 1-8
    • web banners only exist for main relay and first expansion relay
  • Delayed On in minutes, delayed from:
    • controller start
    • exit feeding mode
    • exit water change mode
  • Ability to create custom main screen from PDE file
  • Flipped SingleATO functionality around
  • Updated UI on the controller
    • simpler / reduced menu for those that use the client for everything and want minimal control at the controller
      • feeding mode
      • water change mode
      • ato clear error
      • overheat clear error
      • ph calibration
      • date/time setup
      • version
  • Fixed the temperature unit display in the setup menus when the user has C set as the unit.
  • Added in several alternate fonts for use with Custom Main screens
  • Added in PWMExpansionRelay support
    • Adds PWM menu
    • Gives options to enable the preset modes
    • Only works with the PWM Expansion device, not on the PWM channels on the head unit
    • Only works with first PWM expansion device, ability to change will be added in the future
  • Moved the menu headings from RAM to PROGMEM
  • Added PWM Actinic and Daylight values to the XML data sent out to the Client (not web banner yet)
There were other bug fixes and improvements added that are not noticeable with standard use.

curt
rimai

Re: Libraries v0.8.5.16

Post by rimai »

Great news!!!
Roberto.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Downloaded the latest Ragen with development 0.8.5.16 libraries. Tried a few simple sketches and none would compile. "Sketch too big". Seems ok with wifi removed, but almost anything added with wifi support and the sketch si too big.

When the Display Led PWM box is UNCHECKED the following compile errors

Code: Select all

C:\Users\Bryan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Wifi\ReefAngel_Wifi.cpp: In function 'void processHTTP()':
C:\Users\Bryan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Wifi\ReefAngel_Wifi.cpp:276: error: 'class ReefAngelClass' has no member named 'PWM'
C:\Users\Bryan\Documents\Arduino\libraries\ReefAngel_Wifi\ReefAngel_Wifi.cpp:277: error: 'class ReefAngelClass' has no member named 'PWM'

-=Bryan=-
binder

Post by binder »

I forgot to fix that pwm error before I released the software. Guess I'm gonna have to fix tnat. also yes, with wifi the code does get large. a suggestion is to enable simple_menu and remove datetimesetup to give more space.

curt
binder

Post by binder »

Just re-released version 16. Use the update utility to grab the latest copy that has the fix in it. I just updated the RAGen installer version now too.

curt
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Hi curt:

Hmm, can't find any reference to simple menu. Even with just Wifi and Display LED PWM options selected, and no others, the sketch still comes out to 33160 bytes.

-=Bryan=-
-=Bryan=-
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

binder wrote:Just re-released version 16. Use the update utility to grab the latest copy that has the fix in it. I just updated the RAGen installer version now too.

curt
Great, thanks will give it a try.
-=Bryan=-
binder

Post by binder »

Bryan wrote:Hi curt:

Hmm, can't find any reference to simple menu. Even with just Wifi and Display LED PWM options selected, and no others, the sketch still comes out to 33160 bytes.

-=Bryan=-
RAGen does not have all the features added to it. It has not been updated for a while to contain all the additional features/options. The best thing I can suggest is for you to read through the Features file and look at the newer features to know what they are and how to enable them.

https://github.com/curtbinder/ReefAngel ... Features.h

This is what the original features file should be because RAGen overrides it and creates a new one each time you generate a PDE file.

curt
astralmind

Post by astralmind »

So in other words to enable SIMPLE_MENU we can generate our PDE with Ragen and simply add the

#define SIMPLE_MENU

to the PDE ?

Any plans for a new release of RAgen updated with new features :) ?

Thanks!
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

RAGen does not have all the features added to it. It has not been updated for a while to contain all the additional features/options. The best thing I can suggest is for you to read through the Features file and look at the newer features to know what they are and how to enable them.

https://github.com/curtbinder/ReefAngel ... Features.h

This is what the original features file should be because RAGen overrides it and creates a new one each time you generate a PDE file.

curt
Thanks Curt,starting to come together now. :)

So if one installed RAGEN without the libraries, the newly created ReefAngel_Features.h needs to be copied over to the Arduino libraries where I keep the latest development libraries. Seems to me it makes more sense to keep the development librariies where the RAGen install prompts in the document folder, and keep them sepearte from any othe libraries in my default Arduino folder.
-=Bryan=-
rimai

Post by rimai »

astralmind wrote:So in other words to enable SIMPLE_MENU we can generate our PDE with Ragen and simply add the

#define SIMPLE_MENU

to the PDE ?

Any plans for a new release of RAgen updated with new features :) ?

Thanks!
Actually the line goes into ReefAngel_Features.h file, which is located inside "Documents\Arduino\Libraries\ReefAngel_Features"
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

Bryan wrote: Thanks Curt,starting to come together now. :)

So if one installed RAGEN without the libraries, the newly created ReefAngel_Features.h needs to be copied over to the Arduino libraries where I keep the latest development libraries. Seems to me it makes more sense to keep the development librariies where the RAGen install prompts in the document folder, and keep them sepearte from any othe libraries in my default Arduino folder.
What you can do is tell RAGen where your arduino libraries folder is located, then it will save the features file in the proper spot. Under Edit -> Settings, you can change the Sketch / PDE directory and the arduino libraries directory too.

I would suggest keeping the reefangel libraries located in the My Documents\Arduino folder, away from the standard/default libraries folder that ships with arduino. This way you can update the arduino software without having to move around your libraries folder. It just makes things very simple. It's how I do it too.

Yes, an updated RAGen is in the works. I'm making some big changes to it to be more expandable and more user friendly PLUS be cross platform. As you can imagine, this will require some work to get things to function properly. I've also not had a lot of time to focus on it due to getting some much needed features added to my libraries for others to interact with. There's always something. :)

curt
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I would suggest keeping the reefangel libraries located in the My Documents\Arduino folder, away from the standard/default libraries folder that ships with arduino. This way you can update the arduino software without having to move around your libraries folder. It just makes things very simple. It's how I do it too.
Yes, good advice, it get's confusing with different versions when there is copies all over the place, especially if using RAgen.
Yes, an updated RAGen is in the works. I'm making some big changes to it to be more expandable and more user friendly PLUS be cross platform. As you can imagine, this will require some work to get things to function properly. I've also not had a lot of time to focus on it due to getting some much needed features added to my libraries for others to interact with. There's always something. :)

curt
Please keep them coming, excellent work. I bet you and Roberto are running into a wall with available memory with the 328 though.

Cheers

-=Bryan=-
-=Bryan=-
rimai

Post by rimai »

Hey Curt,
Can you add a safety check for faulty sensor on your dev libraries?
Reference: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=152
Maybe when you compare for abnormalities, you could also compare for 0 readings, which would indicate a faulty sensor.
Do you think it would work?
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I sent you a pull request.
Let me know what you think about it.
To simulate, simply unplug the sensor after you boot the controller.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:I sent you a pull request.
Ok. I saw the request. I'll test it out and let you know what I think.

curt
astralmind

Post by astralmind »

Curt, I noticed you mention something about "interverting" the SingleATO code in the latest library, does that mean that the whole debate we had there: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... 4&start=10
now goes the other way around ? I definitly want to keep everything up to date and give RA Client2.2 a try but wouldn't want to mess up my ATO code... I'm currently using the code I had suggested at the very end of that thread.

And glad to hear you are working on a super boosted version of RAgen, that's awesome, we'll all patiently wait ;)
binder

Post by binder »

Correct. The wires are now mounted up/out of the water. The timeouts still function the same just everything is flipped.

curt
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:I sent you a pull request.
Tested it and it works good for me. It'll be in the next release.

curt