Problem with wifi

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
binder

Re: Problem with wifi

Post by binder »

savo69 wrote:With release .14 of curt's libraries the wifi attachment is working good :-)

I hope Curt solve the problem soon in order to use the last libraries.

Thank you very much to all
Once Roberto tests things out more and lets me know what he finds out then I can fix up the issue. Like he said, it should be a pretty simple fix. I've got a few more things to add in to make a .17 release.

curt
rimai

Post by rimai »

Pull requested on your master branch.
Take a look at it and let me know if you find any problems.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

i did find some problems...it appears that you have included the entire features file inside the wifi.h file. plus i did not see where the RES_HTTP was defined at.

my solution to the "bug" was to just not have the controller send out anything on an unknown request. the only difference i had was that the serial line was not being flushed, which it probably should be like you are doing. i think i should add the flush on the default case.

curt
rimai

Post by rimai »

OMG...
I must have messed up before the commit....
I'll fix tomorrow... sorry about the confusion.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:OMG...
I must have messed up before the commit....
I'll fix tomorrow... sorry about the confusion.
haha...it's ok. i think i know what you were getting at. i haven't pushed my changes to my main branch because i know your library updater utility works on my main branch. (which is totally cool and you don't need to change your library update utility).

curt
rimai

Post by rimai »

Ok. I fixed the screw up.
Try it again now.
Roberto.
pasqualevg

Post by pasqualevg »

Hi, i think to have the same problem, i uploaded libraries to lastest version (...16) and updated ReefAngel_wifi.h and .cpp with the fix but the controller doesn't send params... in many hours sent only 2 times...
Can you help me?
TNX
rimai

Post by rimai »

pasqualevg wrote:Hi, i think to have the same problem, i uploaded libraries to lastest version (...16) and updated ReefAngel_wifi.h and .cpp with the fix but the controller doesn't send params... in many hours sent only 2 times...
Can you help me?
TNX
Please read the thread above.
Roberto.
pasqualevg

Post by pasqualevg »

i read, but don't understand what i have to do...
rimai

Post by rimai »

Nothing. There is no solution for it yet, except downgrade to .14 like savo69 did.
I just pushed a bug fix to Curt and he'll include in his next release.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Nothing. There is no solution for it yet, except downgrade to .14 like savo69 did.
I just pushed a bug fix to Curt and he'll include in his next release.
I'm almost ready to release my next version which will have this fix in it. Just have to add one more function/feature and do some more testing.

curt
binder

Post by binder »

If anybody wants to test out the fix before my next release, it is inside my DEV branch on my github account.

https://github.com/curtbinder/ReefAngel/tree/dev

You don't have to. You can always wait until the next release but for those that wanted to test it out they can.

curt
pasqualevg

Post by pasqualevg »

i will test it... i have only to replace wifi files, right?
binder

Post by binder »

pasqualevg wrote:i will test it... i have only to replace wifi files, right?
I would suggest replacing the:

Globals.h & .cpp
Wifi.h & .cpp
NokiaLCD.h & .cpp
ReefAngel.h & .cpp

Just to be on the safe side. There have been a couple other changes made too.

You can try just the wifi.h & .cpp files, but if that doesn't work properly and you get some unusual activity then I'd recommend replacing what I mentioned above.

curt
pasqualevg

Post by pasqualevg »

i tried also replacing global, wifi, nokia lcd and reefangel, the controller works but don't send params, i also try to stop listener & logger and use the browser (http://192.168.xxx.xxx:2000/wifi) but i only see the image without params... on the wifi attachment 1- low green pulse 2- few orange pulse 3- green always on... i don't know wat's the problem... in any cases i will wait for the next libraries release...
binder

Post by binder »

If you are using the Client Suite (listener and logger), then you cannot have the controller also update your web banner. That will simply not work.

You need to do 1 of the following:

1. Have the controller update the web banner. The controller sends the values to ra.com. You must have your wifi module programmed to send to ra.com. The controller will send the values at specified intervals.

2. Have the Client Suite update the web banner. The client suite will monitor the controller (listener & logger services) and then it updates the values on ra.com for your web banner.

If you do both you will have problems.

curt
pasqualevg

Post by pasqualevg »

ok, i want to use the client, i don't remember il i programmed the attachment to send directly to reefangel.com what i have to do to know where's the problem?
i'm sorry for my many question but i don't read very well and probably if you treated the problem i didn't understend... sorry
binder

Post by binder »

pasqualevg wrote:ok, i want to use the client, i don't remember il i programmed the attachment to send directly to reefangel.com what i have to do to know where's the problem?
i'm sorry for my many question but i don't read very well and probably if you treated the problem i didn't understend... sorry
That's ok. What you can do is attach your PDE file to this thread and we can look and see if your PDE file needs modified.

Next, follow this topic on enabling the Client Suite:

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=175

That will be a good start. Read the document and watch the video. It's straight forward and you should be up and running. If not, create a new topic about what problem you are encountering.

curt
pasqualevg

Post by pasqualevg »

Finally i understand the problem... when i programmed wifi i make it send params directly to ra.com...
i re-programmed it and now all is OK.
I don't understend why with previus libraries and client in works...
In any case thanks...
You're really a great team
pasqualevg

Post by pasqualevg »

A little note:
Probably something in the libraries is blocking the sending of memory params of Heater & Chiller on & off in °C, probably is set to °F and if it read f.e. 255 think that's wrong.
I don't know if the problem is in the libraries or in the client...
binder

Post by binder »

pasqualevg wrote:A little note:
Probably something in the libraries is blocking the sending of memory params of Heater & Chiller on & off in °C, probably is set to °F and if it read f.e. 255 think that's wrong.
I don't know if the problem is in the libraries or in the client...
If the controller is displaying C then it's sending C to the client. Inside the Client, you can configure F or C. You will just need to change it inside the Client then things should work for you.

I'm not sure if there is a setting for the web banner to have it display C instead of F. That's something Roberto will have to answer.

curt
rimai

Post by rimai »

The banner doesn't have unit being displayed
Roberto.