Wave patterns

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:18 am
Oh really? OK. I get it, I think.

Sounds like adding ElseMode to the DCPump class is a bit more complicated than just including it in that switch/case statement because it wouldn't work to just make a #define ElseMode 7 line in there. I'd leave ElseMode out of my copy of ReefAngel.cpp and DCPump.Mode until figuring it out.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:57 am
Yeah, find the modes that are defined in Globals.h because the first available may not be until after 11 or 12... I think there are some that apply to the Radions. Not sure that's really a conflict. I dont' think there's anythign that would prevent it from being added into the code, except that if we wanted to advertise the support for it, it would need to be added in the portal. That's really a chicken and the egg discussion though... but if you build it they will come.. so they say ;)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:51 pm
OK. Can look in to adding it there some more. My pull requests are in and seem to be fairly simple and compile for me, at least. 8)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:38 pm
subscribing for later use

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:37 am
how do I code all of the different pump options to cycle randomly. but also during feed mode to drop to 15 % .

running a wp-25 will be connected to the relay box dimming port.
Adam
58 Gal
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:23 am
Ademster wrote:how do I code all of the different pump options to cycle randomly. but also during feed mode to drop to 15 % .

running a wp-25 will be connected to the relay box dimming port.

Take a look at the code in my signature.
lnevo helped me with exactly what I think you want to do.
The only difference is I'm using 2 pumps on Anti-Sync rather than 1 pump.
I have my drop to 0% during feed and 30% at night.
I think 15% is to low for the pumps. The Jebao have a minimum speed and when they go below that they will not ramp back up unless you pull the power to them and plug them back in.

I've found the WP-40 to be 25% and the WP-25 to be 30%.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:08 am
Thanks
Adam
58 Gal

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:30 pm
Older thread I know but had a quick question or two after reading it. I'm considering picking up two Jebao wave makers but not sure if the model is correct or will work with the Jebao/Speedwave cable offered here.

It seems there is the standard WP series and now a RW series. Which version does the reef angel controller support? I just wanted to be sure so I order the correct one. I have two open ports I believe on my expansion or at least one there and then the original on the relay box that isn't used.

One cable per power head I'm assuming? I have a 40 breeder that has 4 power heads in there now and I'd like to clean things up a bit so wanted to run a pair and see how this wave pattern code works out. After reading it, it looks pretty neat.

Thanks for any help and or assistance. I'm guessing the WP 40's may be ok or just buy the larger one, WP 60, and re-use when I finally get a large tank. I am hoping the cable works with the RW series since it seems they do not clog as bad and have a few more settings.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:46 pm
I have not seen the RW series personally, but I believe it is the same connection as the WP pumps.

Yes 1 cable per power head without some modifications.

2 60's in a 40 gallon is way to much power.
Go with 2 40's.
I actually had a 40 and 25 running in my 55 gallon and even then they were at 50% speed.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:58 pm
Sacohen wrote:I have not seen the RW series personally, but I believe it is the same connection as the WP pumps.

Yes 1 cable per power head without some modifications.

2 60's in a 40 gallon is way to much power.
Go with 2 40's.
I actually had a 40 and 25 running in my 55 gallon and even then they were at 50% speed.

Thanks for the information. Yeah, I figured they would be too high and would need to be turned down. I was thinking, incorrectly it sounds like, that I could just power them down then reuse in a larger tank later. From what you are saying in regards to their power two 40's it is. Plus I will save a few bucks to spend on the cables.

Thank you again.
PreviousNext

Return to Development Libraries