Testing code

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
Sebyte

Testing code

Post by Sebyte »

Hi,

To reduce the size of my PDE I have turned on #define SIMPLE_MENU in my features file. This removes the ability to change the system time from the main menu.

Up until now I have been changing the system time to test that events happen on the controller and relay box. The question is how can i carry on doing this without the option in the menu?

I have RA Client up and working and that downloads the time from the controller and resets it to my current computer time setting. Is there a workaround?

Thanks
rimai

Re: Testing code

Post by rimai »

Yes, but a little tricky.
Either the standard menu or Client are the easiest, but I'm assuming you don't want to having to keep changing the computer clock.
Are you using wifi or USB?
Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

I am using USB while uploading as the RA is still being tested on my desk. I also have wifi which I can swap over to if needed.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Roberto.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

Terrific!

Thanks Roberto.

The biggest problem I have is trying to find topics like this. There are so many posts, and search is not that intuitive. Is there some way that a wiki could be setup for info like this, and also for syntax on functions etc, as well as a central repository for version notes, which when posted become quickly a general subject threads. I do understand that you and Curt are the principle code developers and may not have time for documenting all the good points, but the amount of info in the forum is now getting to a point where a newbie like me can't see the wood from the trees.

That's my gripe over for the day, now I feel better!

Seriously though you guys do a great job, and RA is certainly playing in the Big Boys sand pit and showing that it can do more than the off the shelf units.

Many thanks.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Totally agree with you.
I wish we had someone that could start documenting and also someone to create some more useful step by step tutorials and manuals to help with newcomers.
I did start a wiki, followed by a simple tutorial on the website, but they became outdated very fast.
https://github.com/reefangel/Reef-Angel-Library/wiki
http://www.reefangel.com/Support.Library-Reference.ashx
Roberto.