Issues I've seen in the current Dev Library.

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
rimai

Re: Issues I've seen in the current Dev Library.

Post by rimai »

The Multi WL actually had a change made by brunnels a while ago.
You need this in the setup section:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.AddMultiChannelWaterLevelExpansion();
And you will need to add which channel you want to use the WaterLevelATO:

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.WaterLevelATO(0,ATO_Pump,720,0,1);
Where the first argument is the channel.
Roberto.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I'm not even sure how you got it to compile, because it was failing for me.
Did you update your features file with the latest?
I recommend getting the latest features.txt file from here: https://github.com/reefangel/FeaturesAn ... master.zip
And the latest dev from here: https://github.com/reefangel/Libraries/archive/dev.zip
Roberto.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I got the latest dev downloaded 9/3, that should have the latest features.txt in it.
I added the code for the WL and re-uploaded.
Confirmed that the WL works and the server authentication works on the Andriod App.

Commented out the server authentication in my code and re-uploaded to the unit to watch it for a while and see if the DDNS work. (I'm sure it will).

Thanks Roberto.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

What do I do with the feature.txt file?

--Colin
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I wasn't sure about that either.

I can't wait to try your new lighting code, but one of my LED channels in one of my lights died so I haven't tried anything yet.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

The new feature.txt doesn't come with the Libraries update even if you get the Dev version. You should get it from the separate Features zip file Roberto posted a few posts up.

Mine lives at C:\Username\My Documents\Arduino\update\feature.txt

You'd replace that file with the one downloaded in the .zip.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Steve: You should. It's awesome. :D

Alan: Thanks, I thought that's where it went, but wasn't sure.

I'll give the new libraries a try.

--Colin
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Thanks AlanM.
I may want to pick your brain about the D120 LED mod.
I saw you did a lot of testing on that
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

OK, so I got the 1.1.1 libraries loaded. Everything is good so far with my old code.

DDNS seems to be working for the portal. How do I get it to work with the Reef Angel Status app? It tells me "Unknown Host: http://cosmith71_120.reefangel.com:2000/r99

--Colin
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Sacohen wrote:Thanks AlanM.
I only have a d120 over my fuge, so I stopped messing with it, but it worked well. Basically take the two dimming wires that go to the pot and run 0-10V on them in the right direction. 8) The arduino hardware in the relay box seems to be not as fragile as whatever the Apex has because the Apex folks freaked out when I said at 0V it put a teensy amount of current back in the other direction to dim all the way, but Roberto seemed to think it was no big deal.

I owe Roberto a bunch of usage notes for the dev code since a few of us have made some changes that people will really like if they decide to use them. Some of the stuff is under the hood and should just work without changes to the INO, but some would be fun for people to play with (new light and pump profiles).

Everyone with a non-Plus version of the ReefAngel is going to be missing out on increasingly more fun stuff.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Colin;

Did you enter username_DNSName.myreefangel.com

Like Roberto's example rimai_home.myreefangel.com from here http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... DNS#p40874
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

BTW, Colin. I'd like to take a crack at getting your cloud/lightning code into the RA_PWM class if that's OK with everyone. It would likely be something like ReefAngel.PWM.SetCloud[x] = y. Where you could set the cloud parameters for channel X to Y. I hadn't looked in detail at the arguments that your code takes.

What do you think about adding it to the libraries? Seems like something that all the "advanced" schmancy new lighting controllers (bluefish, storm x, etc) all include.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

AlanM wrote:
Sacohen wrote:Thanks AlanM.
I only have a d120 over my fuge, so I stopped messing with it, but it worked well. Basically take the two dimming wires that go to the pot and run 0-10V on them in the right direction. 8) The arduino hardware in the relay box seems to be not as fragile as whatever the Apex has because the Apex folks freaked out when I said at 0V it put a teensy amount of current back in the other direction to dim all the way, but Roberto seemed to think it was no big deal.

I owe Roberto a bunch of usage notes for the dev code since a few of us have made some changes that people will really like if they decide to use them. Some of the stuff is under the hood and should just work without changes to the INO, but some would be fun for people to play with (new light and pump profiles).

Everyone with a non-Plus version of the ReefAngel is going to be missing out on increasingly more fun stuff.
Thanks.

I may switch over the the new 2014 knockoff model if I can't get the guy I bought the nes I have to repair one of mine or replace it with a newer model because they don't make the model I got anymore.
binder

Post by binder »

cosmith71 wrote:OK, so I got the 1.1.1 libraries loaded. Everything is good so far with my old code.

DDNS seems to be working for the portal. How do I get it to work with the Reef Angel Status app? It tells me "Unknown Host: http://cosmith71_120.reefangel.com:2000/r99

--Colin
It could not have propagated through the DNS servers yet. I don't recall the TTL value (how frequent the DNS records get updated) that Roberto is using. It may take up to 24 hours for it to be ready and in use with all DNS servers.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

AlanM wrote:The new feature.txt doesn't come with the Libraries update even if you get the Dev version. You should get it from the separate Features zip file Roberto posted a few posts up.

Mine lives at C:\Username\My Documents\Arduino\update\feature.txt

You'd replace that file with the one downloaded in the .zip.
I don't have an update folder in any version of the libraries I have. DO I just create the folder and put it in there?
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

binder wrote:
cosmith71 wrote:OK, so I got the 1.1.1 libraries loaded. Everything is good so far with my old code.

--Colin
It could not have propagated through the DNS servers yet. I don't recall the TTL value (how frequent the DNS records get updated) that Roberto is using. It may take up to 24 hours for it to be ready and in use with all DNS servers.
I was wondering about that. Patience isn't always my strong suit. :D

--Colin
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

AlanM wrote:BTW, Colin. I'd like to take a crack at getting your cloud/lightning code into the RA_PWM class if that's OK with everyone. It would likely be something like ReefAngel.PWM.SetCloud[x] = y. Where you could set the cloud parameters for channel X to Y. I hadn't looked in detail at the arguments that your code takes.

What do you think about adding it to the libraries? Seems like something that all the "advanced" schmancy new lighting controllers (bluefish, storm x, etc) all include.
Lee had mentioned it but hadn't done any work yet. I thought I'd give it a try as a learning experience, but I'm thinking it would take me forever and still may be beyond my level right now. So, go for it!

--Colin
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

binder wrote:

--Colin
I'm having the same issue. The Portal just updated to my new IP address after I disabled my no-ip host, but the Android app is giving me an "Error 14: Unknown Host:sacohen_myreeftank.myreefangel.com:2000//r99".

If the Portal is seeing it then shouldn't the App see it?
cosmith71 wrote: It could not have propagated through the DNS servers yet. I don't recall the TTL value (how frequent the DNS records get updated) that Roberto is using. It may take up to 24 hours for it to be ready and in use with all DNS servers.
I was wondering about that. Patience isn't always my strong suit. :D

--Colin[/quote]
Same with me :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

I can confirm that both entries for Colin and Steve are in the DNS server.
So, we've got 3 so far :)
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Colin, i noticed you had .reefangel.com but the examples are .myreefangel.com not sure if you already saw that or not.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Thanks Roberto. I'll try to be patient.
rimai

Post by rimai »

See if you can ping your domain name:
ping rimai_home.myreefangel.com
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

Sacohen wrote: I'm having the same issue. The Portal just updated to my new IP address after I disabled my no-ip host, but the Android app is giving me an "Error 14: Unknown Host:sacohen_myreeftank.myreefangel.com:2000//r99".

If the Portal is seeing it then shouldn't the App see it?
Not always. The portal is using robertos DNS servers. Your app is using your DNS servers. the ReefAngel DNS servers will see the changes instantly. Your ISP/providers DNS servers will get the changes/updates whenever they get propagated. So, unfortunately, you will have to wait and keep checking when the changes propagate. :|
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

lnevo wrote:Colin, i noticed you had .reefangel.com but the examples are .myreefangel.com not sure if you already saw that or not.
I have that. I transcribed it wrong.

--Colin
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Unable to ping rimai_home.myreefangel.com

C:\Users\Steve>ping rimai_home.myreefangel.com
Ping request could not find host rimai_home.myreefangel.com. Please check the na
me and try again.
rimai

Post by rimai »

not mine... yours.... lol
That domain is not existent. I just used it as example :)
Roberto.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Yes.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Steve>ping sacohen_myreeftank.myreefangel.com

Pinging sacohen_myreeftank.myreefangel.com [65.3.96.176] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 65.3.96.176: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 65.3.96.176:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 3ms, Maximum = 3ms, Average = 3ms

C:\Users\Steve>
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I've also noticed that my Jebao pumps don't seem to be right.

The WP-40 (Actinic/Anti-Sync) is at a constant 66% while the WP-25 (Daylight/Sync) is at 0.
I have the internal memory set to custom with a speed of 50 and a duration of 30.
The DCPump section does display this correctly, but it never changes.
If it happened to be on Constant Mode in the Random code it would be 50% on both channels.
Short and Long Pulse will alternate 50/0 between pumps with varying lengths depending upon short or long.

Else, Lagoon or ReefCrest will show varying percentages and opposite each other (Anti Sync).

After a reboot I had 0% on both channels, which I have never had.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Never Mind I think the Internal Memory of the Portal got set to Constant 0/0.
Not sure how. I never set it to that.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

No something is not right.

Else mode works properly and it seems that Sine does too, but when I try Grye or Custom (which triggers the Random code Lee created) both pumps goe to 0 speed.