tide.isIncoming question

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
saf1

tide.isIncoming question

Post by saf1 »

Quick question to verify how it works and called since I'm not 100% sure if I understand it correctly.

Under void loop() I have the code below. I am assuming that if tide is inIncoming mode that DaylightChannel will kick in, and Actinic Channel set to none means it is off. So my RW4 on one side works and performing reefcrest and the other RW4 is off doing nothing. Once the tide falls into the else mode, then it would switch to Daylight Channel being off, and Actinic Channel in AntiSync mode or on performing reefcrest mode.

Although I don't know what time of day the tide checks or if I have it in the correct place to be called or polled because I only see one side/channel ever on. Is this covered in the wiki or document somewhere? I originally had them set to AntiSync and Sync but with both RW4's on it was too much so was thinking tide would automatically set one to on, the other off, and I could alternate the flow pattern (right / left on) through out the day. It does not appear to be doing that or so I think.

Thanks for any tips.

if (tide.isIncoming()) {
ReefAngel.DCPump.DaylightChannel = AntiSync;
ReefAngel.DCPump.ActinicChannel = None;
}
else {
ReefAngel.DCPump.DaylightChannel = None;
ReefAngel.DCPump.ActinicChannel = AntiSync;
}

How I am calling various pump modes example:
if (hour()>=21 || hour()<8)
{
// Sleep mode - slow things down
ReefAngel.DCPump.SetMode( ReefCrest,25,10 );
}
else
{

if (hour()>=8 && hour()<12) {
ReefAngel.DCPump.SetMode( TidalSwell,45,10 ); // Tidal Swell at 40% on sync mode
}
lnevo

Re: tide.isIncoming question

Post by lnevo »

Yes, however I would use Sync (primary channel) instead of AntiSync (secondary)

But otherwise thats exactly the behavior it was intended for :)
saf1

Re: tide.isIncoming question

Post by saf1 »

lnevo wrote:Yes, however I would use Sync (primary channel) instead of AntiSync (secondary)

But otherwise thats exactly the behavior it was intended for :)
Thank you.

And I can't even tell you why I had antisync in there but will make the change. Thanks a million for pointing that out :D