RF module commands and Vectra

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
AlanM

RF module commands and Vectra

Post by AlanM »

I just picked up a Vectra L1 from Ecotech. I don't have an RF Module (or the expansion module I'd need to add one), but I wonder if in the future I'd be able to expand the RF module to control the Vectra. Neptune Systems is waving their hands around saying that the ball is in Ecotech's court for providing info to them for Apex support. Ecotech is mum about it. The Ecotech RF signal is just ZigBee wireless and Roberto must have figured it out for the Vortech and Radion for his RF module, so maybe this would be pretty simple.

What do folks think? Should I get an RF module and start trying to figure out how to modify the libraries to control this Vectra or should I break the seal on the ReefLink I bought?

I haven't seen a lot of Vectra posts on the RA forums, but if it had support for Vectra where no one else did it seems like it would be a decent win.
lnevo

Re: RF module commands and Vectra

Post by lnevo »

Maybe you can help update the code for the quiet drive drivers too :)
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

lnevo wrote:Maybe you can help update the code for the quiet drive drivers too :)
Interesting. These are my first ecotech products so I didn't even know they weren't compatible. Are the quiet drives also incompatible with apex?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

No idea. They work fine though. It's just a syncing issue.