Menu Screen colors

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
TanksNStuff

Menu Screen colors

Post by TanksNStuff »

I may be getting way ahead of myself here since my RA hasn't even arrived at my door yet (it's in transit though!)

I have a feeling my setup will be quite different then the usual and as such I'll probably like to ceate my own custom menu at some point.

I noticed through browsing the Library Reference there are some LCD Class functions that let you draw text and graphs and such to the LCD Screen... with parameters that let you specify color (foreground and background).

I get that you can specify the color by using 0 to 255. My question is: Is there a chart somewhere showing what the 8-bit color code is for each of the 256 colors? While writing this post, I googled it and found this one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _chart.png, but I don't know if the numbers shown match what the RA would produce on the display.

Can anyone confirm if that chart is correct and/or tell me how/where to find a visual reference for each color code?
binder

Re: Menu Screen colors

Post by binder »

Check this out. It's got a manual for you. Read it. It should contain everything you need and more.

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=109
TanksNStuff

Post by TanksNStuff »

Thanks Curt! Not only was that a reply in record time... but it gave me the color chart I wanted plus more info about actually creating the custom menu that will definitely come in handy.

I'm going to read the guide from start to finish, then go back and read the thread for some ideas on how I'll make mine.
binder

Post by binder »

Cool. Glad it was helpful. I wrote it when I created the ability to create the custom main screens because I knew it would be needed. It doesn't contain everything but has a lot of info to get you started. There's TONS of possibilities (as you can see from the threads) for customizations.
TanksNStuff

Post by TanksNStuff »

Yea, it will definitely come in handy and appears to be in an easy to read/understand format so kudos on that as well.

PS, the color chart in my original post is nothing like the one in Curt's guide... so please don't use the one I linked as a reference or you won't get the results you're looking for. :lol:
binder

Post by binder »

I cannot take credit for the color chart creation. Simon (a user) created and posted it on the old google groups discussion forum in 2010. Another user, Ed, also created the list and then Simon generated the fancy chart for it. I just kept a copy of it and added it to my guide because it was helpful for me when I was working on the code.

edited to update user references and attributes