Excel File to Help Generate Custom Main Screens

Related to the development libraries, released by Curt Binder
SuperDodge

Excel File to Help Generate Custom Main Screens

Post by SuperDodge »

Here's a link to the excel file I used to help me center all my lines when creating a custom main screen. It's nothing too complex, but it can save some time if you're lazy like me.

The first worksheet is where you type in your text strings (or representative monitor output) and get back the x position you need to center your line.
-All cells with blue text are inputs, the others are calculated.
-All items with the same "Line #" value are assumed to go on the same line with a single pixel space between them. The excel file will automatically put borders between groups with the same "Line #"
-Click in the "Font Name" cell for a drop down box to appear and you can select which font you wish to use for that text string.
-I have turned on excel protection to prevent someone from accidentally over-writing a formula; however, there is no password so it can easily be turned off if someone wants to modify the file.

The second worksheet is just a 128x128 map that I used to approximate what my screen would look like

Happy Custom Screening!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE - 3/12/12
I have changed the font properties for the 12x16 and 8x8 fonts based on examining the screen under the magnifying glass. If anyone is able to determine that any of the other fonts are not the sizes listed in the table/name, please let me know.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1600831/Reef_An ... Layout.xls
Last edited by SuperDodge on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
rimai

Re: Excel File to Help Generate Custom Main Screens

Post by rimai »

Thanks for sharing :)
Roberto.