lnevo

Re: Universal App

Post by lnevo »

Issue #5 :)
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I've got to say that I like this app.
I'm using it until Binder gets the DNS working on his app.

I know this is geared more foe the IOS users, but 2 things I wanted to point out.

1) I don't see any notification. Maybe I missed them.
2) The Internal Memory options on the Andriod app seem to be a lot more in depth. I think everything is under there. The choices here seem a bit limited, I'm sure in time Roberto will expand these.

So far a very nice app.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Nice! I didn't even know the internal memory section was there. Those are perfect, saves me a trip to my computer to set things on the portal. It looks like the only thing thats missing is the RF and DCPump sections (at least when compared to the portal...)

You should raise an issue :D
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

As far as notifications go, I think Curt's done a great job, but I think for the sake of Roberto's sanity, it would be best to keep those from the portal...

However, with that said, it would be AWESOME if we could manage the portal settings for alerts right from the app :) I think I'll raise an issue for that one :)
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Issue 6+7

I did it for you Steve :)
binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:As far as notifications go, I think Curt's done a great job, but I think for the sake of Roberto's sanity, it would be best to keep those from the portal...

However, with that said, it would be AWESOME if we could manage the portal settings for alerts right from the app :) I think I'll raise an issue for that one :)
Thanks!

Now if he allows us to remotely manage the alerts from the portal, then i could pull them from my app and update them as well. so we could have a phone and portal alert.

Sent from my iPad mini
bece13

Post by bece13 »

I downloaded the apk and tried to install it on my Blackberry Z30 and got a message that I cannot install the app. After some research, I found that the problem might be that Blackberry requiered the apps to be "signed".
Roberto, is your app signed and in case is not, any chance that you can signed the app so I can try it on Blackberry?
Thanks.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Not so sure how to sign that :(
Roberto.
bece13

Post by bece13 »

I don't know either as I never developed anything for mobile devices.
I found this link that maybe will make more sense for you:
https://developer.blackberry.com/devzon ... e_app.html
Or maybe Curt can help as I was able to install Reef Angel Status apk.
Or maybe this is not the problem... :)
Thanks
bece13

Post by bece13 »

Also found this link that might help
http://developer.android.com/tools/publ ... gning.html
binder

Post by binder »

the app cannot be published on the Google play store if it is not signed. so I doubt that signing is the issue. it could be something related to how the app works and how phonegap creates the apk for use. I know there used to be issues with my app not running on bb but somehow it is fixed.

Sent from my Moto X
bece13

Post by bece13 »

Hmmm... I couldn't find it on Google Play.
The one I tried was the one downloaded from the link provided on the first page.
Do you have a link for the one on Google Play?
binder

Post by binder »

bece13 wrote:Hmmm... I couldn't find it on Google Play.
The one I tried was the one downloaded from the link provided on the first page.
Do you have a link for the one on Google Play?
well, it appears that i was mistaken. i thought it was distributed via the Play Store but apparently it is not. BB10 could possibly not allow installation of apks from unknown sources which is how you have to be set to install the apk on an android device.
bece13

Post by bece13 »

Yes, you are right. BB10 has under settings an option to install apps from unknown sources and I have it set to allow. I installed other apps from unknown sources and they work fine. The only thing that I found was the unsigned thing. I might be wrong. I'll see what happens after Roberto figures out the sign thing. :-) thanks for your help.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

We could be hitting similar issues to running in standalone mode where we can't connect because of cross-domain calls. Signing may override that behavior and allow the cross domain calls to work, but not 100% sure.
binder

Post by binder »

bece13 wrote:Yes, you are right. BB10 has under settings an option to install apps from unknown sources and I have it set to allow. I installed other apps from unknown sources and they work fine. The only thing that I found was the unsigned thing. I might be wrong. I'll see what happens after Roberto figures out the sign thing. :-) thanks for your help.
yeah, i think it could be the signing then. we shall see.

Sent from my iPad mini
rimai

Post by rimai »

I signed it and updated the OP.
I used this reference to get it signed:
http://www.adamwadeharris.com/sign-publ ... e-windows/
Roberto.
bece13

Post by bece13 »

Thanks Roberto. I can confirm that I was able to install the app and is working fine on Blackberry Z30.
binder

Post by binder »

bece13 wrote:Thanks Roberto. I can confirm that I was able to install the app and is working fine on Blackberry Z30.
Awesome! that's great to know.

Sent from my Moto X
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

Getting settings.html error? Using Iphone 5 with IOS 8.1 and does same thing on my IPAD
Paul_Velasco

Post by Paul_Velasco »

Paul_Velasco wrote:Getting settings.html error? Using Iphone 5 with IOS 8.1 and does same thing on my IPAD
To close this out if someone else encounters this problem.

My Bluetooth component fell off my mounting board and into my ATO tank. It fried the entire module and cable. This is in series with the WIFI Module. The WIFI module, by shear luck, was not in the water and was not powered. So the WIFI module was not talking with the portal.

Plugged the WIFI module into the Controller and everything is fine now. So check your WIFI module if you get this error.
lonenfon

Post by lonenfon »

Thanks for the share of your experience. :D
rrodriguess

Post by rrodriguess »

Hi there

Using this application I get a lot of "Timeout" errors for every well succeded attempt of refresh. Is it nornal?

Rafa
grafxalien

Post by grafxalien »

I get a lot of timeout errors as well. Any idea what causes this? Portal works fine
rrodriguess

Post by rrodriguess »

Are you using "basic authentication" option?

In my case, when I removed ReefAngel.Network.WifiAuthentication("username:password"); the error stops. The down side is that, in theory, anyone that knows your IP address and port can control your reefangel.

Let's wait and see what the experts has to say.
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I've noticed that errors are more frequent with authentication on.

Also Reeftronics is not able to read my RA data a lot more often.

I'm getting automated messages from them at least once a day saying...

"The Reeftronics polling engine has been unable to communicate with your ReefAngel for the last hour.

There may be a problem with your Internet connection or router. "
rrodriguess

Post by rrodriguess »

I did a workaround...

First I removed the WifiAuthentication option from my code and closed the port fowarding in my router. This way my reefangel was acceceble only in my local net.

Then, using a server running 24x7, I installed a software called ngrok (ngrok.com) that creates a http tunneling from the internet to the reefangel on my local net.
Also with ngrok, I implemented my own Basic Http Authetication.

So... locally my reefangel is accessible without user and pass.
Externally (internet) I access through a tunnel with a custom Basic Authentication (and a custom address - reefangel.ngrok.io:80)

All my timeout errors are gone, and both U-App and ReefAngel Status are working fine..
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

rrodriguess wrote:I did a workaround...

First I removed the WifiAuthentication option from my code and closed the port fowarding in my router. This way my reefangel was acceceble only in my local net.

Then, using a server running 24x7, I installed a software called ngrok (ngrok.com) that creates a http tunneling from the internet to the reefangel on my local net.
Also with ngrok, I implemented my own Basic Http Authetication.

So... locally my reefangel is accessible without user and pass.
Externally (internet) I access through a tunnel with a custom Basic Authentication (and a custom address - reefangel.ngrok.io:80)

All my timeout errors are gone, and both U-App and ReefAngel Status are working fine..
Do you know if that will work on a nas
rrodriguess

Post by rrodriguess »

Yes... as long it has an internal Ip address to point to I think it will
lucho

Post by lucho »

Can we expect to see an update to the iPhone U-app? Still have version 1.0.2 and would love to have AI or Radion control :)