Encountered first problem

Community contributed apps
binder

Re: Encountered first problem

Post by binder »

Everything looks good in your files. It looks like the MH lights run on a schedule and the StdLights run on the reverse of MH lights.

I'm thinking that maybe the relay mask is being set on/off like Roberto said earlier. Can you browse to http://YOURIP:2000/wifi and look at that screen. There will be a relay switch panel. It will have a list of dots/circles and the slider switches below them. To the right there will be ON OFF AUTO. Make sure that all of your ports are set to AUTO. So if you have to move the switches to AUTO then do it.
Once you confirm this, close the browser window and use the iPhone app to view the relays like you normally would do. After you view the relays, navigate back to that URL and see what the relay statuses are set to. I'm thinking maybe the iPhone app is doing something to the relays accidentally. Maybe John can chime in for some more testing.
knapp870

Post by knapp870 »

Also, I notice the .ino is much simpler now. Why are the following no longer present?

// Ports toggled in Feeding Mode
ReefAngel.FeedingModePorts = Port6Bit | Port8Bit;
// Ports turned off when Overheat temperature exceeded
ReefAngel.OverheatShutoffPorts = Port1Bit;
// Ports toggled when Lights On / Off menu entry selected
ReefAngel.LightsOnPorts = Port3Bit;

In addition, do I need to re-add any custom code each time I utilize RAGen?
knapp870

Post by knapp870 »

Here is the .ino file that I was using up until today.
Attachments
RA_041612_2229.ino
(2.03 KiB) Downloaded 441 times
knapp870

Post by knapp870 »

binder wrote:Everything looks good in your files. It looks like the MH lights run on a schedule and the StdLights run on the reverse of MH lights.

I'm thinking that maybe the relay mask is being set on/off like Roberto said earlier. Can you browse to http://YOURIP:2000/wifi and look at that screen. There will be a relay switch panel. It will have a list of dots/circles and the slider switches below them. To the right there will be ON OFF AUTO. Make sure that all of your ports are set to AUTO. So if you have to move the switches to AUTO then do it.
Once you confirm this, close the browser window and use the iPhone app to view the relays like you normally would do. After you view the relays, navigate back to that URL and see what the relay statuses are set to. I'm thinking maybe the iPhone app is doing something to the relays accidentally. Maybe John can chime in for some more testing.
That sounds great. The relays appears all auto yesterday when I checked, but I will also do this again today. In addition, I can test by using the IPhone app as normal and watch the relay status via web.
binder

Post by binder »

knapp870 wrote:Also, I notice the .ino is much simpler now. Why are the following no longer present?

They probably were not selected / chosen inside RAGen when you generated the file
Yes. Unfortunately right now, your custom code is not saved by RAGen. This "feature" is being worked on so that it can be saved and restored and you can modify your code.
knapp870

Post by knapp870 »

binder wrote:
knapp870 wrote:Also, I notice the .ino is much simpler now. Why are the following no longer present?

They probably were not selected / chosen inside RAGen when you generated the file
Yes. Unfortunately right now, your custom code is not saved by RAGen. This "feature" is being worked on so that it can be saved and restored and you can modify your code.
Binder, Actually yes they are chosen when creating the file, but are not showing in Arduino after generating. This is after I updated to 0.9.6 libraries.
binder

Post by binder »

knapp870 wrote:Binder, Actually yes they are chosen when creating the file, but are not showing in Arduino after generating. This is after I updated to 0.9.6 libraries.
Hmmm....I will have to look and see what's going on. I know that if the ports chosen are the same as the default ports then the line isn't written out, otherwise it is.
knapp870

Post by knapp870 »

binder wrote:
knapp870 wrote:Binder, Actually yes they are chosen when creating the file, but are not showing in Arduino after generating. This is after I updated to 0.9.6 libraries.
Hmmm....I will have to look and see what's going on. I know that if the ports chosen are the same as the default ports then the line isn't written out, otherwise it is.

Ahh, you are correct. They were still set to default. When I changed these they then wrote to file. My mistake. Thanks for making me aware of this! Always great answers from the RA team!