Memory section of iPhone app

Community contributed apps
mineman@mac.com

Post by mineman@mac.com »

This may be an ignorant question but how does the memory section work? When I go to that section of the app it has different parameters than I have programmed into the RA. Does it change the code I have written? Is it a temporary change or permanent?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
binder

Re: Memory section of iPhone app

Post by binder »

The memory section allows you to update the values that are used. They only come into play when you use the internal memory functions. If you have hard coded values then the memory section is not applicable.
mikedizon

Post by mikedizon »

If the code was created automatically by the wizard is this hard code? Because I'm thinking maybe that's the reason why the functions in the memory won't work.
Thanks
dbmet

Post by dbmet »

How do I switch from using hard code to internal memory without redoing all the code?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Technically it is just removing the parameters and leaving just the port number.
Can you post your code?
Roberto.
dbmet

Post by dbmet »

I pmed it to you.
dbmet

Post by dbmet »

I think I pmed it to you. Showed in my outbox.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Just an fyi...when i try an change memory locations on my iPhone the app crashes..so test that first otherwise you maybe investing time in something that is broken..
wolfador

Post by wolfador »

lnevo wrote:Just an fyi...when i try an change memory locations on my iPhone the app crashes..so test that first otherwise you maybe investing time in something that is broken..
which libraries are you running? It was built for the pre 1.0 versions, the locations are different on the newer libraries. Working on an update now.
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

wolfador wrote:
lnevo wrote:Just an fyi...when i try an change memory locations on my iPhone the app crashes..so test that first otherwise you maybe investing time in something that is broken..
which libraries are you running? It was built for the pre 1.0 versions, the locations are different on the newer libraries. Working on an update now.
Now i am on 1.2. Crashes were with using the custom locations. Glad to hear some work being done! We are lagging behind the android app ;)
binder

Post by binder »

wolfador wrote:
whoa. he's baaack. ;-)