New Windows Gadget

Community contributed apps

Posts: 12200
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:54 am
Thanks :)
Added that one too.
Roberto.

Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:12 am
Location: Rome, Italy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:28 am
Can you improve the proxy support ?

Thanks

Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 am
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:57 am
Hi,

On my system there appears to be a problem calculating how big to make the widget.

Here is a screen shot.

Widget.jpg
Widget.jpg (13.78 KiB) Viewed 3863 times


As you can see the arrow to show the relays and the bottom line of display is not visible.

This is on Windows 7. I have my text size set to Medium (125%). I think you might need to take that into account when you calculate how big to make the widget. Another option would be to specify the font size more specifically.


Don

PS: If you want me to I can probably fix this if the source code is available somewhere.

Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:32 am
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:32 am
hi,

i am having a problem with my windows gadget. it was working then it closed and showed no IP address. now when i put the address doesnt conect anymore.

any ideas why? my client Suit is working fine apart from the relay expansion with is incompatible with the lib. 0.9.3 .

if guys can give a help would be great.

thanks Junior

Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 am
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:46 am
dedvalson wrote:PS: If you want me to I can probably fix this if the source code is available somewhere.


Is the source for this available? I would like to fix the display issue

Don

Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 am
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:59 am
dedvalson wrote:
dedvalson wrote:PS: If you want me to I can probably fix this if the source code is available somewhere.


Is the source for this available? I would like to fix the display issue

Don


All the source code is embedded within the .gadget. It works similar to JAR files.

Rename the .gadget extension to .zip

Inside the zip you should see all the source files. It's mostly all javascript, css and html. The Win framework provides a System.Gadget namespace you can use in the Javascript. Here's some resources you can refer to on msdn:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library ... 85%29.aspx
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:14 am
i am having a problem with my windows gadget. it was working then it closed and showed no IP address. now when i put the address doesnt conect anymore.


I have recently had this as well. I fixed it by doing this:

Goto controle pannel and open up add remove program's.

In the lefthand side pane there is an option to add or remove Windows features.

(please excuse me if I have the wording wrong but I am not at home and doing this from memory on my iPad)

Then look for Windows gadgets, and unclick the box. Save and reboot.

When PC is back repeat the above and put a tick in the box. Sorry but a reboot is needed.

Then right click on desktop and select add gadgets.

This worked for me. I could not find any other way of restarting the services that relate to gadgets. There may be a better way, if so I would like to know, and please let me know if this worked for you.

Good luck. ;)

Posts: 182
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 am
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:18 am
The host process for the gadgets is called "sidebar.exe". You should be able to just kill the process in task manager. When you add a new gadget to the desktop it will automatically restart the sidebar.exe host process for you. Quicker than restarting :)

Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:49 am
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:53 pm
Hi,

There seems to be something wrong with the XML coming from my ReefAngel. I have the latest dev libraries installed and I have one expansion box. I looked at the Gadgets Javascript, and it is looking for an <R0> tag for the expansion port. But my box doesn't provide an R0. The first expansion box is shown as <R1> as shown below. So I'm trying to figure out who is wrong, the gadget or my box.

Should there be an R0? If so, why would my RA produce R1 instead of R0? Or should the gadget look for R1 instead?

Don


Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<RA>
<T1>809</T1>
<T2>923</T2>
<T3>802</T3>
<PH>801</PH>
<R>140</R>
<RON>0</RON>
<ROFF>255</ROFF>
<R1>143</R1>
<RON1>0</RON1>
<ROFF1>255</ROFF1>
<R2>0</R2>
<RON2>0</RON2>
<ROFF2>255</ROFF2>
<R3>0</R3>
<RON3>0</RON3>
<ROFF3>255</ROFF3>
<R4>0</R4>
<RON4>0</RON4>
<ROFF4>255</ROFF4>
<R5>0</R5>
<RON5>0</RON5>
<ROFF5>255</ROFF5>
<R6>0</R6>
<RON6>0</RON6>
<ROFF6>255</ROFF6>
<R7>0</R7>
<RON7>0</RON7>
<ROFF7>255</ROFF7>
<R8>0</R8>
<RON8>0</RON8>
<ROFF8>255</ROFF8>
<ATOLOW>1</ATOLOW>
<ATOHIGH>1</ATOHIGH>
<EM>0</EM>
<REM>1</REM>
<PWMA>100</PWMA>
<PWMD>60</PWMD>
</RA>
User avatar
Posts: 2732
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 2:57 pm
It's supposed to be R1 for first expansion box. This way it will make more sense with the displaying and it will match with the retrieval of the labels. It also makes it compatible with the Portal as well.
It was originally R0 in the 0.8.5.x code, but it was switched to R1 in the 0.9.X code. I just looked it up.
Last edited by binder on Mon May 07, 2012 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated when switch was made.
PreviousNext

Return to Apps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron