Anyone experience this?

Community contributed apps
reefcycle

Anyone experience this?

Post by reefcycle »

I love my reef angel. All day every day I use when at work to check on tank. So I'm finally out of town and reef angel doesn't sync and update status to phone or portal. I had a friend go over (originally suspected plug came out from cat or ghost. Or power out) friend called and said powers on angels on Wi-Fi blinking green just no communication. After unplugging and replugging I was able to regain access. But why couldn't u do this when at work and 15 min away!? Lol this is not the first time, but this was the first time that I was away.
Anyone have this problem?
reefcycle

Re: Anyone experience this?

Post by reefcycle »

Make that twice in one day
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

Try this:

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1206

Something to do with a firmware update.
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
reefcycle

Post by reefcycle »

I will update firmware when I get home but why would it work weeks and weeks then stop when we are out of area. Lol
reefcycle

Post by reefcycle »

I retract my earlier gripe as that was the problem earlier now my friend reports that reef angel won't power at all. They checked connections tried different outlets all with no prevail. So I asked them to plug in all essential components and thanked them. Sigh
reefcycle

Post by reefcycle »

The outlet popped the breaker on the relay box. Not reef angel fault. Lol need new outlet and it will be gfci fo sure. Happy I don't need new RA but was looking for reason to upgrade lol