Client Suite 2.1

Community contributed apps
astralmind

Re: Client Suite 2.1

Post by astralmind »

Hey Dave,

French now works but unfortunately, the dashboard still crash in the same way.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

astralmind wrote:Hey Dave,

French now works but unfortunately, the dashboard still crash in the same way.
hmm, not sure what it could be. I just tested again on a third laptop - Vanilla Win7 x86 French Canadian Region settings with no issues. I wonder what the problem is.. I'll keep an eye out for anything weird happening in that utility. It's pretty small, so not too many places where the error can be coming from.
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

I just did the update and am now having an issue.
My client says its connected but is not receiving any data. I then installed the new RAGen with the latest libraries and created a new file, uploaded it to the control just fine and it seems to be running just fine, but still no data. I have tried it with both WIFI selected and with it not selected to the same result.
Any thoughts on why the client isn't getting data when it says its connected?
Oh and I am using a USB connection.
Thanks
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

layton, the "connected" message on the statusbar just means that the Client has successfully connected to the Listener Service. It doesn't mean the Listener has, or even can communicate with the controller. If you're connecting over USB, there's a few things you have to make sure of.

Inside the ReefAngel_Features.h file, make sure the "#define wifi" line exists is NOT commented out. #define wifi is needed no matter if you're connecting to the controller over wifi or usb.

In the ReefAngel Service Dash application, make sure the "wifi enabled" checkbox is not checked, and you have the correct COM port and baud rate entered. Should be the same COM Port selected in the Arduino IDE. Baud Rate should be 57600.

Make sure the Arduino IDE is not running as it might have a lock on the COM Port needed by the Listener service. Once IDE is closed, from the Service Dash, stop and then start the Listener service. Try opening the Client again and see if you can see the information coming in.

If all that fails, send me a copy of the error log file and I'll have a look to see if there's anything that can help us.

C:\Users\YourUser\AppData\Roaming\ReefAngel\RAExceptionLog.log
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

so far no luck.. one question though. Do I need to have the web banner selected for logging? when I do it, i am unable to compile the code so i haven't been using it.
binder

Post by binder »

laytonp wrote:so far no luck.. one question though. Do I need to have the web banner selected for logging? when I do it, i am unable to compile the code so i haven't been using it.
Web Banner doesn't need to be selected for logging. Web Banner is when the client pushes the data to reefangel.com automatically for you. If you have this enabled, it will conflict with the Client Suite.

The Client Suite automatically downloads the data from the controller at it's specified interval. So as long as WIFI is enabled, the Client will handle the rest.

curt
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

binder wrote:
laytonp wrote:so far no luck.. one question though. Do I need to have the web banner selected for logging? when I do it, i am unable to compile the code so i haven't been using it.
Web Banner doesn't need to be selected for logging. Web Banner is when the client pushes the data to reefangel.com automatically for you. If you have this enabled, it will conflict with the Client Suite.

The Client Suite automatically downloads the data from the controller at it's specified interval. So as long as WIFI is enabled, the Client will handle the rest.

curt
Ok I have left the WIFI enabled, but it doesn't seem to be sending anything out over the COM port, and I do have the correct one selected as I am able to upload to the controller. I am assuming that the controller isn't sending anything out as when I am in the Arduino software and monitor the COM port I don't get anything. Here is a copy of the code from RAGen.
http://laytonweaver.selfip.com/website/ ... 1_0952.pde

Thanks for the help. This is kind of frustrating as I got everything working on the first version of the software, now it doesn't want to cooperate.
binder

Post by binder »

The PDE file looks good.

What about the Client Suite LOG file that dave asked about? Can you post it for him to look at?
There have been some really odd issues with the Client Suite services, so having that will really be helpful.

curt
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

Here is the log file.
http://laytonweaver.selfip.com/website/ ... ionLog.log
Thanks again.

Also I should mention that I am running Win XP Pro. Don't know if that helps at all
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Layton, thanks for the log file.

You have a lot of the same error in there. I'm surprised the Client says "Connected" in green at the bottom, yet you are seeing these kind of connection errors from the Client. Looks to me like it's trying to connect to the Listener service for updates but the service is denying the connection over and over again. There's a 2 minute countdown timer that kicks in before trying to reconnect after an error like this. You can kind of see that happening since many of the errors are strung together exactly 2 mins apart.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of is your firewall might be blocking the request/response between the two. Would you mind stopping the firewall then restarting the Listener/Logger services and client and seeing if that helps?
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

I do not currently have any firewall enabled on this computer. I use another product for my firewall.
And yes I do get the green "Connected" at the bottom but I think the errors that you are seeing is when I have been cycling the listener on and off to upload new code to the controller.
Not sure that helps at all but it seems like everything is set up correct and its just not working.
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

Any other advise. I am thinking of trying a full re installation of everything to see if that works.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Hey Layton.

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. I ran into the exact same error you were having this weekend myself while adding in some new features into the Client. It turns out I messed up the interface between the Listener and Client when adding in the new functions to handle reading and writing the date/time to the controller over wifi and usb. Unfortunately, this doesn't help you out too much.. You can't modify the interface because its already compiled - but then again you shouldn't have to either.

If you can hang in there a couple days, I would suggest doing a full Uninstall of everything (Making sure all the services are stopped first) and then delete the installer you downloaded. I have finished up development of the next version of the Suite this weekend and just have to add in some French translations and run some tests over USB to make sure everything works like it does over wifi. Hopefully the new version will work for you. I'll submit a new thread for Version 2.2 with the download link once I'm finished testing/upload.
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

Dmolton
Thanks for the update. I am not in a hurry so I will wait and test it out as soon as its available. Hopefully this solves my issue.