Client Suite 2.1

Community contributed apps
laytonp

Re: Client Suite 2.1

Post by laytonp »

I do not currently have any firewall enabled on this computer. I use another product for my firewall.
And yes I do get the green "Connected" at the bottom but I think the errors that you are seeing is when I have been cycling the listener on and off to upload new code to the controller.
Not sure that helps at all but it seems like everything is set up correct and its just not working.
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

Any other advise. I am thinking of trying a full re installation of everything to see if that works.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Hey Layton.

I'm not exactly sure what your problem is. I ran into the exact same error you were having this weekend myself while adding in some new features into the Client. It turns out I messed up the interface between the Listener and Client when adding in the new functions to handle reading and writing the date/time to the controller over wifi and usb. Unfortunately, this doesn't help you out too much.. You can't modify the interface because its already compiled - but then again you shouldn't have to either.

If you can hang in there a couple days, I would suggest doing a full Uninstall of everything (Making sure all the services are stopped first) and then delete the installer you downloaded. I have finished up development of the next version of the Suite this weekend and just have to add in some French translations and run some tests over USB to make sure everything works like it does over wifi. Hopefully the new version will work for you. I'll submit a new thread for Version 2.2 with the download link once I'm finished testing/upload.
laytonp

Post by laytonp »

Dmolton
Thanks for the update. I am not in a hurry so I will wait and test it out as soon as its available. Hopefully this solves my issue.