Client Suite 2.2 Connectivity

Community contributed apps
Bryan

Client Suite 2.2 Connectivity

Post by Bryan »

Hello:

Something I noticed with the Client Suite 2.2. If the power to the RA controller is disrupted the client will still show connected at the bottom left of the screen (green), even hours later. If power to the controller is resumed, a stop and start is required of the listener service. Shouldn't the client report a "unable to connect notification at the bottom left of the screen shortly after the RA controller loses power?

Cheers
-=Bryan=-
rimai

Re: Client Suite 2.2 Connectivity

Post by rimai »

The "Connected" message is not really connection with the controller, but the Client connected to the Listener Service.
Roberto.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Aah I see, is there a way to quickly "re-establish" the connection to the controller, rather than stop and starting the services?
-=Bryan=-
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Bryan, it's been awhile since I tested it but there is an internal timer inside the Listener service. So long as the service is running it should attempt to make a connection with the information you provide. If it cannot, the countdown begins and tries again once it hits zero. This will happen indefinitely until either a connection can be made or the service is stopped. If a connection is made successfully and then dropped - the countdown timer logic should kick in again.

There will be a delay on the Client when this happens. Most likely you will stop seeing updates while the Listener tries to reconnect with the controller. Once its re-established the Client should start automatically updating again.

If this is not the behavior you are seeing, let me know. I will test out the scenario again either today or tomorrow. I forget, are you connected over USB or WiFi?
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Hi Dave, I am using the USB cable for now. Basically if the power to the controller is disrupted and then restored it will not reconnect with the client. I have left it for hours and no connection is re-established. Only way is to stop and start the listener and logger. Not a biggie, but would be nice if it could re-establish a connection.
-=Bryan=-