Client Suite 2.2

Community contributed apps
Bryan

Client Suite 2.2

Post by Bryan »

Hello:

Small little bug I found in 2.2, seems if you forget to load the memory settings the temperature dropdown boxs are unpopulated. Trying to save results in a app crash. Perhaps a default value in temperature dropdowns or a warning message before continuing to savel.

Cheers

Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (63.26 KiB) Viewed 6258 times
The attachment Capture4.PNG is no longer available
Attachments
Capture4.PNG
Capture4.PNG (121.81 KiB) Viewed 6258 times
-=Bryan=-
dmolton

Re: Client Suite 2.2

Post by dmolton »

Thanks for the heads up, Bryan.

Ideally, when you push the Refresh button - all those input fields should be populated with the correct data from the controller. In your screenshot it looks like they're all blank/defaulted to nothing. This shouldn't be the case. The save button should not let you save a bunch of blanks to the controller. Instead, on a failed request for memory values from the controller, a message should appear letting you know something went wrong and you would have to do another refresh. Until a successful pull happens, none of those fields should be visible. I must have missed something.

Could to you got View-Error Log and see if there's anything in there? If it's huge/ filled - just clear it out and save/close. Then try to reproduce the problem and copy me just the relevant logged info.

Thanks

-Dave
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

In this case I reprogrammed the controller without programming the memory settings first from RAGEN.

I can reproduce the issue tonight and send you the log.
-=Bryan=-
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Curt uses different memory locations with his dev libraries, than what the Standard ones use. Unless you manually wiped out the memory values, everything should work okay. That's the biggest advantage to using the client app - you upload Curt's memory sketch only once, and then can swap around the RA sketch as many times as you want, relying on the client to change memory values.
rimai

Post by rimai »

He's not a normal user. He uses a programmer instead of bootloader, which erases memory everytime he uploads a new code
Roberto.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

rimai wrote:He's not a normal user. He uses a programmer instead of bootloader, which erases memory everytime he uploads a new code
Oh.. Oh My :lol:

So I guess the read didn't fail - it just returned nothing back or whatever the defaults are. I'll work in some additional checks for setting memory.
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

Oops, sorry should have mentioned I am using AVRStudio and flashing with a Dragon. Normally I flash the memory hex file first, but forgot.
-=Bryan=-
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

If one has more than 1 STD lights(3) and no MH. Will the display change in the memory screen or will it stay the same. I must have forgoten to upload my memory file also ,so i have what his is showing now.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

The memory tab won't change based on the number of lights you have. It's designed around the standard memory locations the dev libraries use. That is, one STD Lights and on MH. You could always use the MH memory locations for another set of T5's and set the delay to 0 which is what I do to control my Daylight/Actinics. If you wanted to store the third set of lights, you would probably have to initialize a few more memory locations to save the on/off times.

It's possible to have the Client change which memory locations it writes the lights to by uploading a custom MemoryMap File.

It would work like this:
- Use the Client to modify the STD and MH light locations like normal first.
-Tweak the MemoryMap file and swap out the default memory locations of the MH fields to your 3rd set of lights' memory locations.
-Upload the file to the Client.
-Now in the Memory Tab - The MH on/off times will correlate to your third set of lights' values.

Hope this makes sense.

-Dave
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Thanks Dave ,it make sense but I think Ill leave well enough alone.