2.2 Question

Community contributed apps
bmhair03

2.2 Question

Post by bmhair03 »

Dave,
Since I have the PWM ramp in my .pde file I cant change the PWM % through the client. Do you know of a way to make it work,with the slope? Sorry this might be a question for Roberto or Curt.I think it has to do with the libraries,writing to memory so often . Thanks
Brian
dmolton

Re: 2.2 Question

Post by dmolton »

I haven't looked at the PWMSlope function too carefully, so not entirely sure what's going on with it. It could be that the function is overwriting what you're attempting to set through the Client.
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

Thanks Dave.I believe that is what is happening. Ill re-post in the devlopment library section and pick Curts brain.:)
binder

Post by binder »

bmhair03 wrote:Dave,
Since I have the PWM ramp in my .pde file I cant change the PWM % through the client. Do you know of a way to make it work,with the slope? Sorry this might be a question for Roberto or Curt.I think it has to do with the libraries,writing to memory so often . Thanks
Brian
If you use the PWMSlope, you won't really be able to change the values via the Client. You "can" but it would be overwritten very shortly. The way the PWMSlope works is it calculates the % based on the times you provide. If the current time is outside the on time, then the lowest value will be set as the pwm value. This function will be called about 1 time per second, so you won't be able to change it much.

That's the only "drawback" to using the PWM slope function is that you just have to let it run it's course. There "might" be a way to change that and improve upon it but it could be tricky because if you forget and leave the value set higher than it's supposed to be (say it's supposed to be 0% but you set it at 80% and leave it), then it will be on when it's not supposed to and when the slope stuff kicks in, it will drop down to the lowest value and then start ramping back up. It will throw everything off as far as how you want your lights to ramp up.

What exactly did you have in mind with being able to change things around? Maybe we can come up with an alternative for you.

curt
bmhair03

Post by bmhair03 »

For display purposes. Turn whites down to show off some colors! In setting up the % of PWM in the beginning. You could just adjust it to your liking without having to reflash the new %,.It took me at least a month to get my Blue to white ,plus intensty all dialed in. I had to rewrite the .pde every change. Easier to fine tune lighting,and enjoy the slope