2.2 Load Memory File

Community contributed apps
Bryan

2.2 Load Memory File

Post by Bryan »

Wondering about the "Load Memory file" feature. Where does one get the memory file from. Don't see RA Gen creating one, unless it's the generated PDE.
-=Bryan=-
binder

Re: 2.2 Load Memory File

Post by binder »

Bryan wrote:Wondering about the "Load Memory file" feature. Where does one get the memory file from. Don't see RA Gen creating one, unless it's the generated PDE.
I haven't used 2.2 yet, but from talking with Dave about some of the features, I think this has to do with a memory map file. You have the ability to change the memory locations around IF I ever changed them on the controller. This would ensure that the client would write the values to the proper spot.
So I'm thinking this is what / how you would do it. If not, then I don't know what this option is for.

curt
Bryan

Post by Bryan »

I thought perhaps it was to reload the Memory settings if one flashes the controller and erases the EEPROM. Would be handy rather than having to re-populate all the fields etc.
-=Bryan=-
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

binder wrote:I haven't used 2.2 yet, but from talking with Dave about some of the features, I think this has to do with a memory map file. You have the ability to change the memory locations around IF I ever changed them on the controller. This would ensure that the client would write the values to the proper spot.
So I'm thinking this is what / how you would do it. If not, then I don't know what this option is for.

curt
This is indeed the intended purpose of the function.
Bryan wrote:I thought perhaps it was to reload the Memory settings if one flashes the controller and erases the EEPROM. Would be handy rather than having to re-populate all the fields etc.
It would be. Haven't figured out how to compile/upload to the controller from .NET yet.. Still relying heavily on the dev libraries and #define wifi for all communication with the controller.