Notifications

Community contributed apps
barbianj

Notifications

Post by barbianj »

What is the difference between setting notifications in the Client vs. the Portal. Is one better or preferred than the other?
rimai

Re: Notifications

Post by rimai »

You can get faster poll with the Client.
The Portal gets data every 5 min. I think the Client gets data every 30s
Roberto.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Every 15 seconds ;)

You do need a gmail account/password to proxy the notification through with the Client, though. I dont think any one method is better than the other so long as you receive the notification. You could even setup both for redundancy. If you don't have a WiFi adapter then the Client is your best bet for email/SMS notifications. Otherwise they do the same thing.
barbianj

Post by barbianj »

I assume that the client need to be actively running on a computer in order to send out notifications, though.
Paulturner911

Post by Paulturner911 »

dmolton wrote:Every 15 seconds ;)

You do need a gmail account/password to proxy the notification through with the Client, though. I dont think any one method is better than the other so long as you receive the notification. You could even setup both for redundancy. If you don't have a WiFi adapter then the Client is your best bet for email/SMS notifications. Otherwise they do the same thing.
This may be a simple question, but if you don't have wifi how does the client get its information? I'd like to d/l the client software but I was having an issue with this. Im getting Error 1920 during install.