ReefAngel Generator Installer

Community contributed apps
binder

ReefAngel Generator Installer

Post by binder »

Instead of just creating a new thread/topic for each release of the installer, I decided to create one topic.

ReefAngel Generator Installer is located here for downloading:

https://github.com/curtbinder/RAGen/downloads

The latest version is usually at the top of the Downloads section. The installer is bundled with my Development libraries as well.
The filename of the installer will include:
  • ReefAngel Generator Version
  • Development Library Version
An example is: RAGen-v104-v08514 Installer.exe (contains RAGen v1.0.4 and Dev Libraries v0.8.5.14)

So make sure you grab the latest version when downloading and look at the filename to make sure.

NOTE: You do not need to install the VC++ 2005 Redistributable Libraries if you use the installer. The files get automatically installed for you.

Curt
rimai

Re: ReefAngel Generator Installer

Post by rimai »

Hey Curt,
I know you prefer to have the reload settings by user choice, but in my opinion, I don't think people really using it and it gets confusing when you generate a code with certain features, close RAGen and open again, just to find out all the features that were used before were all back to default again.
I think this is what is causing the Dave's Client communication issue that many are experiencing.
By default, wifi is unchecked and I think what happens is the user checks it once and doesn't check it again, expecting it would stick, just to find out that the Client is not connecting anymore.
I think Dave is working on a check for "#define wifi" inside the features file, but it would also be nice to have the auto-recall of settings on the next version of RAGen :)
Or, if not much trouble, read the file on openning and check/uncheck according to what the file has. This way, if you manually edit file, you would get it reflected on RAGen too. Just an idea.
What do you think?
Roberto.
binder

Re: ReefAngel Generator Installer

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Hey Curt,
I know you prefer to have the reload settings by user choice, but in my opinion, I don't think people really using it and it gets confusing when you generate a code with certain features, close RAGen and open again, just to find out all the features that were used before were all back to default again.
I think this is what is causing the Dave's Client communication issue that many are experiencing.
By default, wifi is unchecked and I think what happens is the user checks it once and doesn't check it again, expecting it would stick, just to find out that the Client is not connecting anymore.
I think Dave is working on a check for "#define wifi" inside the features file, but it would also be nice to have the auto-recall of settings on the next version of RAGen :)
Or, if not much trouble, read the file on openning and check/uncheck according to what theile has. This way, if you manually edit file, you would get it reflected on RAGen too. Just an idea.
What do you think?
I agree. I have been taking notes of all the feedback and problems to compile into the next revision. It will definitely help with the problems.

curt