Cameras in Client Suite 3.0

Community contributed apps
rossbryant1956

Cameras in Client Suite 3.0

Post by rossbryant1956 »

I purchased a $69 Dlink DCS-930L camera today, got it installed, am able to view it from their apps and my browser but am now trying to configure it to run inside the client app 3.0.

Great App, Dave, BTW. THX

In looking at the other camera configs they have lines like:

http://curtbinder.dyndns.info:8080/nphM ... TP/1.0\r\n

or

http://217.126.89.102:8020/axis-cgi/mjp ... on=320x240

but no where in the DLink dox does it tell me how to write a line like that for this camera. When I just use a browser call of the ip like

http://10.0.0.2:3462

I get an error: the remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized

Anyone got ideas? Thx
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
binder

Re: Cameras in Client Suite 3.0

Post by binder »

This is what I did to find my URL of my camera feed. I viewed the page of the camera through a web browser. Mine has several settings that I can change. I viewed the page source and it shows you the information for the video feed. Now, you may have to view the source on different frames depending on how the page is setup. Also, you may even be able to right click on the video feed itself and open it in its own window. If you can do that, just copy that URL.
If you are still having problems locating the URL, PM me the public URL to the camera and I can look around and see if I can find it for you.
binder

Post by binder »

Quick update. I just viewed my ip camera and while inside the browser window, I just right clicked on the video feed and chose "Copy Image URL". Then I pasted that into a separate browser window and it started working just fine.

Secondly, mine has the ability to allow for guest access or require usernames and passwords. I disabled the username and passwords. I also allow for guest access to my camera. That was the only way it worked properly for me (I think). Otherwise, I think the login / security stuff is handled elsewhere. I may be mistaken though.

I also just viewed the manual for your camera. It has a similar layout to my camera's web interface. So you should be able to do what I said about right clicking on the video image and getting the URL.
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

thx very much, I'll try all this tonite

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

binder wrote:Quick update. I just viewed my ip camera and while inside the browser window, I just right clicked on the video feed and chose "Copy Image URL". Then I pasted that into a separate browser window and it started working just fine.
I attempted to do this, got this value: "http://10.0.0.2:3462/image.jpg?cidx=2033376718." It would only let me do this on the static image of the viewing pane, once I put the video in motion, it would not let me right click. When pasted in a new window it was only the static image, not the video.
binder wrote:Secondly, mine has the ability to allow for guest access or require usernames and passwords. I disabled the username and passwords. I also allow for guest access to my camera. That was the only way it worked properly for me (I think). Otherwise, I think the login / security stuff is handled elsewhere. I may be mistaken though.
I attempted to change some of the settings based on your advice and it looks like this now. It was normal, enable, and enable.

It seems better now, I get a different error, anyway. It now says: "invalid content type."
binder wrote:I also just viewed the manual for your camera. It has a similar layout to my camera's web interface.

This would be okay if I was only trying to view this tank from a browser but I really want it embedded in Dave's client app. I want to combine this feature with my 3 reefangel in the same house w 4 300g tanks question from another section. This guy recently contracted MS and can no longer care for this tanks and I am trying to design something to help him view the tanks, monitor them, still enjoy them from his chair.

My outside address is HTTP://69.250.225.122:3462 if you'd like to take a look. I'd appreciate any help you could provide. I do admit buying a cheap camera, willing to buy a better one if I have too. Thx in advance to all concerned.

Ross

binder

Post by binder »

I viewed the page to see what all I could do. One suggestion is going to be reduce the resolution down to the smallest (or smaller) size. Often times, the motion jpeg stuff works better that way. You could possibly choose how often to update/refresh the screen so it would update for you. It's probably going to require more experimenting to get it correct. I'll see what else I can find and you can do the same too.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Give this URL a shot, Ross:

http://69.250.225.122:3462/video/mjpg.cgi

-Dave
binder

Post by binder »

That works good for me to refresh it. Nice job dave. :)
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

Thx, all. Will try shortly.

rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

works like a charm. Thx to all.

binder

Post by binder »

rossbryant1956 wrote:works like a charm. Thx to all.
great. glad it's working.
rossbryant1956

Client Suite 3.0 - New question

Post by rossbryant1956 »

Along the same lines, but to a different point...

Is there an easier way to monitor multiple tanks\RA Units from the client application without running multiple copies? To preserve the logs and history recording it would seem not but wanted to ask.

Again, thx to all. Camera looks great. Has anyone tried any of the Hi-def cameras?

barbianj

Post by barbianj »