Client 3.0 Question

Community contributed apps
jtomasi

Client 3.0 Question

Post by jtomasi »

Everything looks like it is connected, but the listener is not logging data. COM3 was automatically "seen" by the Client. I went to the help manual, which forwarded me to http://www.github.com/curtbinder in order to download RALogger sketch but I wasn't able to find it. What is the code I need to log the data and where should I put it?

Also, how do I adjust the code created from the wizard? With a blank sketch, is there an option to reverse upload the code from the ReefAngel? Basically what I want to do is take the settings I created using the Wizard and add a custom screen, as well as the code needed to log data using Cloent 3.0 (as mentioned above)

Thanks
rimai

Re: Client 3.0 Question

Post by rimai »

The only thing you need to get the Client communicating with RA, is to enable Wifi when generating codes in the Wizard.
Or, you can add this to your code inside the setup() section.

Code: Select all

ReefAngel.AddWifi();
Roberto.
jtomasi

Post by jtomasi »

Sorry I should have been more specific, I am trying to connect via USB as I dont have the wifi module. Would enableling Wifi still work?

Thanks again.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Correct... You need the wifi framework to communicate with the Client.
Roberto.
jtomasi

Post by jtomasi »

Great, thanks again. Not to jack my own post, but anyway to pull the current sketch from the ReefAngel? I want the settings I created in the wizard but with a custom screen.

Thanks again for all of your help.
binder

Post by binder »

jtomasi wrote:Great, thanks again. Not to jack my own post, but anyway to pull the current sketch from the ReefAngel? I want the settings I created in the wizard but with a custom screen.

Thanks again for all of your help.
No, you cannot pull your current sketch from the controller.