Client Suite 3.0 error

Community contributed apps
jcm2m9

Client Suite 3.0 error

Post by jcm2m9 »

I just reformatted one of my older laptops and installed XP home and all the updated.

I then proceeded to install the Reefangel software and client suite.

When I installed client suite and tried to open it I got this error.

Also, windows "services" keeps crashing.

Any ideas?

Thanks
James
dmolton

Re: Client Suite 3.0 error

Post by dmolton »

This looks to be a missing prerequisite issue for the compact database. The Client Suite uses the MS SQL Server Compact 4.0 database to store Reef Angel data locally. More info about it here

A couple things to make you have installed on your XP machine:

- Microsoft Windows XP Home Service Pack 3
- .NET framework 4.0
jcm2m9

Post by jcm2m9 »

Thanks!

I will take a look at it tonight.
jcm2m9

Post by jcm2m9 »

Well, that fixed that problem. Thanks

I just made a new sketch using the wizard and when I try to upload it I get this error.

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x64

any ideas?
rimai

Post by rimai »

Make sure you have the correct serial port and correct board selected on Arduino.
Roberto.
jcm2m9

Post by jcm2m9 »

I actually missed the first pin when plugging in the TTL cable. I moved the black pin all the way to the right and it worked.

Now I am trying to get the client to connect and I can not seem to get it to work. Here is the error I am getting...

*****1/21/2013 8:52:26 PM*****
This request operation sent to net.tcp://localhost:8733/ReefAngelListener/ did not receive a reply within the configured timeout (00:00:59.9843750). The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. This may be because the service is still processing the operation or because the service was unable to send a reply message. Please consider increasing the operation timeout (by casting the channel/proxy to IContextChannel and setting the OperationTimeout property) and ensure that the service is able to connect to the client.
StackTrace:

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.SyncDuplexRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.DuplexChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at ReefAngelClient.Classes.MemoryController.GetMemoryValues(ReefAngelListenerClient raService)
at ReefAngelClient.Form1.RefreshMemoryValues()
jcm2m9

Post by jcm2m9 »

got it fixed. I forgot to add the wifi module.
jcm2m9

Post by jcm2m9 »

I have everything working except the client suite is not uploading data to the portal? Any ideas? I am going to mess around with it tonight.
dmolton

Post by dmolton »

Are you using the latest 3.0.1 version of the Client software? There was a bug discovered that stopped portal uploading over USB. It was just uploaded Sunday night https://github.com/davemolton/Client-Su ... ta_301.zip.

If not, do a full uninstall of your current version then download and install latest 3.0.1.
jcm2m9

Post by jcm2m9 »

I did install it, but it was over 3.0. Should I completely unistall and re-install.