ReefAngel Status

Community contributed apps
binder

Re: ReefAngel Status

Post by binder »

jsclownfish wrote:Does anyone know how to load the Java Status App on the iPad?

Jon
That's an interesting question. I'm not sure if it would work. I can look into it though....I have an iPad and iPad Mini.
jsclownfish

Post by jsclownfish »

I tried to use DropBox to get it onto the ipad, but I couldn't get it to work. I like the status app for reading and writing to memory. I used the Dropbox method to load a handful of different html pages for different parameters (lights, flow rates, etc) from this example Roberto made.http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... phs#p11688

It's a cool way to check things by various categories without loading all the graphs on one chart.

Jon
binder

Post by binder »

I just did a search and there's not really an easy way to do it. I did find something if you have a jailbroken device, you can install Java and you should be able to run Java apps. There's also something for running java from websites that's a paid app on iTunes.
Poiromaniax

Post by Poiromaniax »

Doesnt look like the ReefAngel status is working for me. im on mac 10.8.4 with java 6 (latest build)

When i click the refresh button, the port switches grey out for a second, but then no data is pulled through? my dyndns is definately working as I can get to it from my browser.....
binder

Post by binder »

Poiromaniax wrote:Doesnt look like the ReefAngel status is working for me. im on mac 10.8.4 with java 6 (latest build)

When i click the refresh button, the port switches grey out for a second, but then no data is pulled through? my dyndns is definately working as I can get to it from my browser.....
I think I know what the problem is. It has to do with the app failing on parsing the XML tags being returned. I will have to fix it.
binder

Post by binder »

Poiromaniax wrote:Doesnt look like the ReefAngel status is working for me. im on mac 10.8.4 with java 6 (latest build)

I just uploaded the latest, 1.1.1 to my ftp site. I edited the OP to have the correct download link. Give it a try and see if this fixes your problem.
Poiromaniax

Post by Poiromaniax »

Thanks Curt, that fixed it :D
binder

Post by binder »

Poiromaniax wrote:Thanks Curt, that fixed it :D
awesome. glad it's working now.

Sent from my Nexus 7