RAGen and .pde file association

Community contributed apps
sjmusic2

RAGen and .pde file association

Post by sjmusic2 »

Hi Curt,

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but tonight I was playing with RAGen for the first time in a while and found that to be able to associate .pde files with arduino-022 you actually have to rename the executable to 'processing.exe", see here for detail... http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/how ... -pde-files .

Now this is fine except that RAGen can no longer find the arduino.exe that it seeks after creating it's custom .pde.

Any ideas ?

Thanks, Simon
rimai

Re: RAGen and .pde file association

Post by rimai »

I associate .pde with arduino files without having to rename it.
I right-click the file and choose "Open with" and then browse to the "arduino.exe" file.
It has worked for me on XP and 7.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

What Roberto said is the best thing do to. RAGen looks for arduino.exe to determine if it is found or not. It's hard coded that way and cannot be changed.

curt
sjmusic2

Post by sjmusic2 »

Unfortunately, my W7 will not allow arduino.exe (v022) to be associated with .pde (using "open-with/browse").

According to the link I provided, this is a known bug (from v018 onwards) and their solution works for me. The only problem is that it reduces the functionality of RAGen. I guess I will have to decide which is the most important to me :)

Thanks for your help !

Simon