Does your iPhone app work on cellular data?

Community contributed apps
DrewPalmer04

Re: Does your iPhone app work on cellular data?

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

I'm jailbroken on the 4 but it very well could be your "tweaks" lol. Like I said. No issue on mine. :)
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
lnevo

Does your iPhone app work on cellular data?

Post by lnevo »

The portal does not require port forwarding. Your RA sends data to the portal.

Verify your port forwarding. Also make sure your iphone has the wan ip address not your internal network address.

Your iphone should have the same IP that the portal shows.
binder

Post by binder »

dapg8gt wrote:If you guys need some donations for the dev account I'm down to throw in for it.. Let me know when and where and I'll contribute.. Thanks for the effort us iOS guys appreciate it...
None is needed but thanks for the offer to help. :)
daniella3d

Post by daniella3d »

My iphone is jailbroken as well with all sort of app on it but I have no problem with the reef angel application.

Are you sure your reef angel is available outside your network? are you able to connect to it via wifi when away from home?

In the settings I have my dyndns address, which is updated via my computer each day, then the port, then Direct Connect is set to ON

Not sure what direct connect is but it works well set to ON.

dapg8gt wrote:
805reefer wrote:You need to set up port forwarding in your router then you will be able to access your Ra over the 3G network
I have port forwarding set up on the correct port. I'm able to view the portal and use all it's features on the network.

And I'm glad to hear the process is moving forward. It would be great to have the functionality of the droid app;)..
It could very well be just my phone or network I am jailbroken on a 4s with some questionable tweaks on it lol.. I'm actually goin to go get the 5 for my wife for mothers day and I'm getting one also so that will let me know if it was something internal in my phone or if it's the network itself. Thanks for the responses guys and all the effort you have put into the RA I have learned a lot from the both of you and the other highly active RA forum members in posts and really appreciate it. I'm still lost but am slowly getting used to the terms and what you all are saying ha ha.
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

It was an isolated issue with my iPhone..I tried it on my wifes and it worked fine. I fixed the prob by getting a samsung S4 lol.. gotta say wow what a difference between the two phones and especially the app for reef angel..Thanks top all who contributed to the thread and esp binder that app for droid is absolutely awesome.. don't know how to fully use it yet as I have A lot of other things Goin on with the new build buti have Already got two updates in one week with new features .

So glad I made the switch..I have been in denial about droid being a superior platform. I was way wrong.

again guys Thanks
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!