Feature request for next RAGen update

Community contributed apps
rimai

Feature request for next RAGen update

Post by rimai »

I'd like to ask that the next update of RAGen could come with a ReefAngel_Features.h update, instead of generate and overwrite.
I'd be much less confusing if the RAGen always read the current file, populated the check marks and if any change occured, save it back.
Most of the confusion is related to this particular file and the fact that it gets overwritten.
Also, I think we can now conclude that we should keep wifi as a default check mark as well as SIMPLE_MENU.
What do you think?
Roberto.
binder

Re: Feature request for next RAGen update

Post by binder »

I agree.

I'm actually planning on having a specific file for RAGen that stores all the information in it. Then RAGen would generate the PDE & Features file from it too. Having it read the existing features file and update it appropriately is definitely doable.

I'll actually start to work on that and see if I can get that stuff added to the existing RAGen.

curt
binder

Post by binder »

With the reading in of the Features file, I do have a comment. I don't allow people to change the following features:
  • DosingPumpSetup (DosingPumpIntervalSetup)
  • WavemakerSetup
  • ATOSetup
  • SingleATOSetup
  • MetalHalideSetup
  • StandardLightSetup
These setup screens are automatically included/excluded based on what the user selects for devices. I'm thinking that when I read in the features file that I ignore those features as well simply because it won't matter anyways what they are because they will be updated appropriately. Of course, if the simple or custom menu is chosen, those features will be ignored.

any disagreement with this choice?

curt
wijigong

Post by wijigong »

check box for add moonlight and thunderstorm
and led dimming % for the standard port include in the relay box
rimai

Post by rimai »

Hey Curt,
Do you forsee any problems with placing the ShoInterface() at the very last line?
I've been using it this way and haven't had any problems.
It avoids the click off and on when it reboots.
If there isn't a problem, maybe we should have RAGen place it there.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:Hey Curt,
Do you forsee any problems with placing the ShoInterface() at the very last line?
I've been using it this way and haven't had any problems.
It avoids the click off and on when it reboots.
If there isn't a problem, maybe we should have RAGen place it there.
It "may" function a little better that way because that's what calls the Relay.Write() function to make the changes to the relay status. The only thing that I forsee is that it may delay the turning on of the Always On relays that get turned on inside the setup function because there isn't a call to Relay.Write() from there. So there would have to be an entire iteration of the loop() function before those relays get turned on (which may only be a second, but still). It's most likely an insignificant point though, but a point non-the-less.

I'm going to switch that up on the dev controller here soon when I make some other changes to it and we can run it that way for a while to see if there's any issues that pop up (which I highly doubt based on the code).

curt