iphone app issue

Community contributed apps
jjdezek

iphone app issue

Post by jjdezek »

I got everything up and running and wifi works for part of the app. When im out of my network everything works but when i get on my own network the controls page wont update, works fine when im not on my network. before I deleted and reinstalled the app because it wouldnt update outside my network but worked on my network. Any ideas? I had seedlessone access my computer and checked out my network set up and said everything was set up right and looked good.
dbmet

Re: iphone app issue

Post by dbmet »

Are you using the same ip address when your on your wifi vs your out of your network?
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

yes. do you have to change it everytime?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The e ternal one*should* work internally,if not it could be your router. If so, not much you can do, unless you can run a dns server or add a DNA entry on your router.
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

yeah not sure about how to do all that but i will look into it though thanks for the help.
dbmet

Post by dbmet »

What kind of router do you have? I would look into using a dynamic dns service like no-ip.com or whichever works with your router.
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

I have a neat gear 7550 from AT&T
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

I looked over everything yesterday for JJ. He is using is external ip address to connect and it works just fine outside of his network. The problem comes when he jumps back on wifi as it no longer updates with the external ip. He can however put his internal ip of his adapter and it works fine. Its got to be a strange firewall issue with that att router/modem combo. I was also able to connect to his tank just fine from my network.

Any input guys?
rimai

Post by rimai »

I think it is what most people are seeing lately... It almost seem that the issue always involves the AT&T router.
It doesn't implement NAT loopback, so you can't send a call from within your network and have it come back to itself.
Roberto.
DrewPalmer04

Post by DrewPalmer04 »

Bingo. That is the exact issue. I'm sure!
Out for now...but not over.

VISIT: Ethernet Module/Wifi Alternative
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Time for a router upgrade.
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

well as long as it works when im out ad about...if im hime i can grab the computer or go over to the tank itself. next question i have is, i got the anolog expansion thats controlling my led light and when i pull up the app on my iphone it doesnt show them being on or what % there at. it has the on off toggle and it stays off and also has the blue icon next to them. my light are working fine just not showing on the app. is this the way it is for the iphone app?
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

double post