New iPhone App ??

Community contributed apps
cjrudy

New iPhone App ??

Post by cjrudy »

Any word on development of a new iphone app ? After seeing the Android app its very evident the iphone is app is outdated.
binder

Re: New iPhone App ??

Post by binder »

cjrudy wrote:Any word on development of a new iphone app ? After seeing the Android app its very evident the iphone is app is outdated.
Some of us have been looking into it more but unfortunately this is going slow. We do not know iOS programming very well and have a rather steep learning curve with it plus there is the time constraint as well. You are not the only one asking about this and some of the people who big RA users are also iphone users.
tomek77pl

Post by tomek77pl »

We can always donate :) and maybe hire some one to make one.
binder

Post by binder »

tomek77pl wrote:We can always donate :) and maybe hire some one to make one.
lnevo has provided and made some updates to the app. i created an apple developer account. however, i have not had a chance to submit the app to the app store for release. i haven't read up on how to submit apps yet, plus i have to change the icons around so things won't be the same as the "old/existing" app.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I think if you have a dev account and are doing beta testing of iOS 7 you could delve into the code and help to port it. :) i basically nosed my way through the code for mainly cosmetic purposes...no clue on updating back end stuff that would break with iOS 7. It might be as simple as compiling against the new Xcode.

Also i doubt that compatibility would remain an issue long term as there are just too many apps in the app store that apple will not break as well as the fact that MANY apps are broken with IOS 7 currently.
joeyevans

Post by joeyevans »

interesting!!
binder

Post by binder »

just posted an update to the main iphone app thread: http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35