Android APP Timeout 15/Connection Problems

Community contributed apps
Squishie89

Android APP Timeout 15/Connection Problems

Post by Squishie89 »

We were having trouble with the Wifi module, but the firmware upgrade seems to have solved that problem. However, my Android APP does not work. I have it updated to the most recent version, but cannot get it to connect to the controller. The portal page on reefangel does receive updates (this is verified with turning things off and on) but it shows my IP address as "Unreachable", not sure if this has anything to do with the APP not working. I would appreciate any help.
lnevo

Re: Android APP Timeout 15/Connection Problems

Post by lnevo »

Yes, looks like your port forwarding is not setup properly.
Squishie89

Post by Squishie89 »

Thanks for the suggestion, but that doesn't seem to fit since the portal seems to be working.
binder

Post by binder »

can you connect to your ra directly on your network? by typing in the local ip address? http://YOURIP:2000
it does seem like the port is not being forwarded properly from the router. the portal can update because the controller gets an ip address and updates the data. the portal cannot reach the controller by the ip address it has because either the port isn't being forwarded properly or the ip address of the controller has changed since it was initially setup. this is also the reason the android ap won't work properly as well and why i am suggesting connecting directly to the internal ip address of the controller either via a web browser or the android app.

Sent from my Nexus 7
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Not if it says unreachable. The ra sends data to the portal every 5 minutes (outgoing) while trying to connect back to that address from (outside which is incoming). This is why it seems working.