Android App question

Community contributed apps
cjrudy

Android App question

Post by cjrudy »

So I just got a new phone and now have the android app which I love. One thing I haven't been able to figure out is how to adjust my DC pumps from the app or if I can.

Also wondering if there is any instructions on all the internal memory settings and how to use them ? I am currently adjusting all internal memory settings from the portal.
binder

Re: Android App question

Post by binder »

I'm not sure how the DC pumps are configured and setup, so I cannot give you an answer on how to control them from the android app. If they are run off the internal memory sections, then you can control them but otherwise I do not know.

To use the Internal Memory and control it, you simply need to open the Internal Memory section of the app (under the settings). Then you select the memory location from the drop down list. You can either Read (get the value stored) the location by clicking the Read Value button which queries the value from the controller or Write (stores the value) the value entered onto the controller. There will be a popup that says OK or ERR if the write was successful or not.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Curt they work just like the RF module but three different mem locations
cjrudy

Post by cjrudy »

Thanks Curt,

Read/write...........duh, of course, I cant believe I even asked that question considering I'm in IT, I should have figured that out. :D

The only thing I don't see is the ability to control my DC Jebao power heads ?
binder

Post by binder »

cjrudy wrote:Thanks Curt,

Read/write...........duh, of course, I cant believe I even asked that question considering I'm in IT, I should have figured that out. :D

The only thing I don't see is the ability to control my DC Jebao power heads ?
Hmmmm... i may not have the dc pump memory locations added into the list yet. the dc pump class is relatively new and i have not followed it too closely which means I have not added it to the list of built in locations. my best suggestion for now is to look at the globals.h file to locate the dc pump memory locations and enter the location manually to read/write. you will have to use the custom location and enter the values in each time you want to adjust them for now. yeah, it's a little cumbersome and a pain but that's just how it has to be for now until I get a chance to get things updated properly.

Sent from my Nexus 7
cjrudy

Post by cjrudy »

The Jebao wavemakers are definitely becoming popular and with Roberto's Jebao Cable its so easy to hook them up to the controller. I'm currently using the portal to adjust the pumps so its not a big deal.

Thanks again Curt, love the app regardless.
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

as to reading these values when tested in the app, how do I read them...for example in my delayed start time, location 920, I have the number 7. What does this mean?

Thx
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Thats not the correct location. That might have been the old locations, now they go from 200-350ish

Look in Globals\Globals.h for all the locations. Search for VarStart
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

But 7 would be 7 minutes :)
rossbryant1956

Post by rossbryant1956 »

whats the difference between Mem_B_* and Mem_I_* ?
Roscoe's Reefs - Starting Over Again:

Building new 29g Nano after landlord went berserk over my 4 75 gallon tanks, Multiple RA's, Water mixing stations, etc. Your help welcomed in remembering all I've forgotten.
binder

Post by binder »

rossbryant1956 wrote:whats the difference between Mem_B_* and Mem_I_* ?
Mem_B_* uses 1 storage location for the value (byte). The values can be from 0-255.
Mem_I_* uses 2 storage locations for the value (int). The values can be from 0-32768.

Since memory is limited on the controller, we only want to use the least amount of storage space and not waste anything.