iOS7 issue with RA App

Community contributed apps

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:23 am
I downloaded the new iOS7 for my iPhone 5 and my RA app doesn't work right. When I pull up the main screen it won't show PH readings one time then the next it won't show the temp. The second screen shows everything off. Anyone else have these issues?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:46 am
I haven't upgraded yet... Also need to get the latest XCode and see if it's still the case recompiled for the new version. I'll try and find some time this weekend to check it out. Curt, we'll really need to get the app submitted soon so we can address this issue. Have you made any progress towards that yet?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:03 am
same issue here, so if you haven't got ios 7 yet and use your phone for reefangel I would wait till the app is fied
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:50 pm
I will not be able to install the latest Xcode on my machine. I am unable to get the latest version of MacOS on my old MacPro :( I am very sad. Unless someone else can take a look at the current code and see what's needed for iOS 7 and unless Curt makes some progress submitting it, the RA iPhone App is going to be a dead product...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:56 pm
And yeah, it seems the app is pretty broken as I just finished the iOS 7 upgrade... it looks like it's failing to parse the XML properly. For instance on the relay page, it gets the status for Relay Box 1, but it doesn't refresh the status for the 2nd relay box.

I know the original code is using some package for the XML parsing... maybe there's an update to it. I'll have to see what I can figure out..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 1:55 pm
That would be awesome if someone can figure it out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:57 pm
I had the same issue with PH. I rolled back to IOS6 for now and all is working again. I had some other apps that I use daily that were quirky with also led me to rolling back. Ill upgrade again down the road web everything gets worked out. I really liked the look of 7
-Dave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:05 pm
How do you roll back to ios6? I really don't like 7

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 pm
As long as you have a backup from prior to the upgrade on your computer and not the cloud you can follow this:
http://www.imore.com/how-downgrade-ios- ... back-ios-6
-Dave

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:56 am
lnevo wrote:I haven't upgraded yet... Also need to get the latest XCode and see if it's still the case recompiled for the new version. I'll try and find some time this weekend to check it out. Curt, we'll really need to get the app submitted soon so we can address this issue. Have you made any progress towards that yet?

I just updated my XCode to the latest and installed the SDK for iOS7. I have some time today that I'm going to attempt to look into getting it released. I have to update the icon for the app so it would be different than the existing one (I can't just use the same one because the current app already exists, etc).
So I will see how this works out. I, unfortunately, have been extremely busy with everything going on in my life that I haven't been able to look into this further. I will try to do what I can.
Next

Return to Apps