Community contributed apps
AquaO

Re: iOS Reef Angel Status

Post by AquaO »

Wow
I installed and it works well.
Very easy to configure.
Congratulations for your good work.

I find a little issue, in app my Orp value is 47.7mv but in reality it's 477mv.

this is not a major problem. ;)

Thank you very much for this app.

Osaka 40g with 55g sump
Radion, 2X Tunze 6045, Swc-160 mini cone
binder

Post by binder »

I will look at the formatting. i thought it was that way from my Android app. thanks for pointing that out.

Sent from my Nexus 7
romebaby

Post by romebaby »

Thanks for all the work Curt. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here - v1.0 is sensor status only, no outlet status or control, feed mode, etc.?
binder

Post by binder »

romebaby wrote:Thanks for all the work Curt. Just want to make sure I'm not missing something here - v1.0 is sensor status only, no outlet status or control, feed mode, etc.?
Correct. I'm already working on the other stuff. I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I have the relay status control working but not the modes.
mikedizon

Post by mikedizon »

Wow Congrats!!! Thanks you. Finally I can view my water parameters using my IOS 7.

Can't wait to check out the updated versions your working on. For more functions work. :D
binder

Post by binder »

I do have a question to ask.....would people like to have this app built to run on iOS 6.1 or 6.0 as well?? Or is leaving it at iOS 7 and later ok? I think I should be able to make it run on iOS 6.1 or 6.0 pretty easily (just compile against that version). :?:
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You may not use any features yet that need ios7 but why limit yourself. But if its just a matter of compiling...then why limit it. I think for the most part if someones on the old version of ios then they have the previous version to use as well...
Robert1969

Post by Robert1969 »

Outstanding! Thank you Curt
binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:You may not use any features yet that need ios7 but why limit yourself. But if its just a matter of compiling...then why limit it. I think for the most part if someones on the old version of ios then they have the previous version to use as well...
Agreed. I believe it's just as simple as compiling against ios6 but I have to confirm. I will have to do some testing to find out for certain.
Thavngr98

Post by Thavngr98 »

Did it get taken down? Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-Dave

Thavngr98

Post by Thavngr98 »

Nm I got it. It's not in the store search had to use you web link.

-Dave

binder

Post by binder »

Thavngr98 wrote:Nm I got it. It's not in the store search had to use you web link.

That's odd. I was able to search for it from my iPad mini and found it just fine. Although I had to search for iPhone Only and not iPad because I currently only have the app listed as an iPhone only app but it runs just fine on my iPad mini. Don't worry, layout improvements are being designed and enhancements being made to operate just fine on iPhone and iPad.
Thavngr98

Post by Thavngr98 »

That's exactly what it was I was searching ipad only.

-Dave

New2novas

Post by New2novas »

Now I didn't read through the whole thread but I know my RA app doesn't work on ios7 and that help is needed there. My brother in law does programming for the OS conversions among other things and I was telling him about the issues and asked if there was a way he could help out. He's not a reefer nor does he have any type of tank but he said he'd be willing to help, he asked if there was a way to send him the current deal and he would look it over. I guess either contact me here or pm and let me know what I could give him as I'm not literate coding at the least. Couldn't hurt to have one more good brain on this I suppose
johniii

Post by johniii »

New2novas wrote:Now I didn't read through the whole thread but I know my RA app doesn't work on ios7 and that help is needed there. My brother in law does programming for the OS conversions among other things and I was telling him about the issues and asked if there was a way he could help out. He's not a reefer nor does he have any type of tank but he said he'd be willing to help, he asked if there was a way to send him the current deal and he would look it over. I guess either contact me here or pm and let me know what I could give him as I'm not literate coding at the least. Couldn't hurt to have one more good brain on this I suppose
Binder made a new app for ios7
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

The old app is beyond repair. I wouldn't even bother at this point at some point binder will put up the source code for the new version and then we'd love for any contributions.

I may have the last copy with fixes on my git repo

github.com/lnevo/RAiOSApp

That app would need to be resubmitted though since the current owner is gone..thats why i said not worth the effort..
carlii

Post by carlii »

so will there be a new ios7 app?
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Its there...follow the link in binders signature
Poiromaniax

Post by Poiromaniax »

It's looking very slick - just to confirm though - 1.0.0 is basically just a monitor? No ability to turn on or off etc?
lnevo

iOS Reef Angel Status

Post by lnevo »

Correct. The main purpose was to get established in the app store and get a new release available to ios7 users.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

Hi Curt, nice to see that ISO 7 users can access their data again :D

I was in New Orleans last week when the app was released, it loaded fine and picked up the data via my DYNDNS address.

When I got back to Canada and on my wifi network the app reported that it could not access my DYNDNS address. As I understand it that is because I am within the network and not outside and coming in via port 2000 on my gateway/router.

I am ok with that, but I think I remember that John's app worked both inside and outside of the gatway/router. If that was the case would it be possible to add this ability in a future release?

I should add that I am running the app on an iPad

Keep up the good work.
Poiromaniax

Post by Poiromaniax »

I don't have that issue? Also using dyndns.....
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Its an issue with specific routers that don't allow access via the external ip address from internal connections. The old iphone app could use the portal as a proxy. But yeah that support is needed. However i could see curt adding home/away profiles like the android app has to address this instead.
Sebyte

Post by Sebyte »

I have a Bell connectivity hub, and will take a look at the setup. Before I had a 2Wire router and that worked ok. This unit has more features and may well just need a setting changed.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

One option is if the router has dns setting where you can add your own entry, you could point your dyndns name to your internal ip.
binder

Post by binder »

profiles could be added.....as well as multiple controllers....but i wont get ahead of myself ;-)

Sent from my iPad mini
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

I have that issue with my router, I can access it when on the Verizon signal but when I get on my wifi I can't access it, I have to change the IP address to accredit it on the wifi but then it won't access on Verizon signal. Small inconvenience to me, all I have to do is switch my wifi off on my phone and it works.
ReefingHavoc

Post by ReefingHavoc »

I'm getting the error message "Error parsing XML data". This doesn't happen when I'm on the wifi network connected to RA
binder

Post by binder »

ReefingHavoc wrote:I'm getting the error message "Error parsing XML data". This doesn't happen when I'm on the wifi network connected to RA
Hmm...I will have to look into things some. I'm not sure what to tell you other than something in the XML data stream is failing.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It could be the buffer size on the wifi causing issues. I would suggest upgrading wifi to latest firmware and hopefully roberto can post the command here to increase the buffer, cause i forget.