iOS Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
Sebyte

Re: iOS Reef Angel Status

Post by Sebyte »

I think this came up before and Roberto said to change the Flush Size.

The Roveing Network manual shows the following.

set comm size <value> sets the flush size.

An IP packet will be sent each time “value” bytes are received. Default is 64 bytes. It is recommended to set this value to the largest possible setting to maximize TCP/IP performance. Maximum value = 1420 (at 9600) bytes.

I belive that Roberto said 1420 was the right value to use.

Hope this is of help.
poolman

Post by poolman »

Hi Curt

No pressure or anything, but any progress with regards to control of the relay boxes. This is my main use of the reaf angel and would be great to have this back, without having to go through the portal.

Thanks

Bryan
binder

Post by binder »

poolman wrote:Hi Curt

No pressure or anything, but any progress with regards to control of the relay boxes. This is my main use of the reaf angel and would be great to have this back, without having to go through the portal.

Thanks

Bryan
I have this working but not quite ready to release yet. It is close though.

Sent from my iPad mini
ReefingHavoc

Post by ReefingHavoc »

lnevo wrote:It could be the buffer size on the wifi causing issues. I would suggest upgrading wifi to latest firmware and hopefully roberto can post the command here to increase the buffer, cause i forget.
This is happening on a guest wifi at work. If I switch over to LTE I have no problems. Not too concerned at this point.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

ReefingHavoc wrote:This is happening on a guest wifi at work. If I switch over to LTE I have no problems. Not too concerned at this point.
Try this and see if it helps...

http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=30022#p30022
Thavngr98

Post by Thavngr98 »

App was working for a few days now it fails to connect and it gives me a /r99 at the end of my URL in the failure message

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
-Dave

binder

Post by binder »

Thavngr98 wrote:App was working for a few days now it fails to connect and it gives me a /r99 at the end of my URL in the failure message

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
unfortunately no. the /r99 at the end of the URL is the proper URL used to get the status from the controller. if that is failing, then the app is failing to get the data from the controller. for whatever reason, the app cannot connect to the url you provided.
binder

Post by binder »

Just to give everybody an update, like I did with the Android App, I've been working on an update for you.

One of the members on the here has contacted me and has been working with me for graphics and layout improvements with this app. He has worked up sketches and outlines and everything for me to give me something to work towards. Here's what the next update will include:
  • White/light layout with Reef Angel Blue colors
  • Main Relay box controls
  • Feeding Mode, Water Change and Exit mode buttons
This list is rather small compared to the android app, but there's a larger learning curve for me with developing iOS apps. Some of the stuff I want to do will require manual coding and not being able to use the simple interface editor. Also, this app feeds off of the work that I've already done for the android app. I'm currently fixing a lot of "bad design" with it so this app will be simpler from the start and not be a nightmare to maintain.

On a side note, I am getting married next week which is why my time has been very limited. I am trying to get this release out by the end of the year but it may not work very well especially because of Apple's review process and them shutting down their app submission and releases during Christmas for a week. So I will try to get the release out for everybody because I know you all are patiently waiting to be able to toggle relays and enter the different modes from your iPhones and iPads. I appreciate your patience with me in this iOS programming matter. :ugeek:
mls228

Post by mls228 »

I can't seem to figure out how to get into the settings...there is only this screen in my app. Am I missing a step?Image
binder

Post by binder »

you need to open up the iPhone settings app and look for the reef angel status section. the system settings where you can do ios updates, change system date and time, etc.

Sent from my Moto X
mls228

Post by mls228 »

Roger that, working now. Thank you.
Elevatorguy1

Post by Elevatorguy1 »

Congratulations Curt!!!!!! And thank you for all your hard work on this app!! Really looking forward to the the update. Thanks again!
binder

Post by binder »

Just a quick update....

There will not enough time for me to get another update out this year. With apple shutting down their app submission all this week, I was not able to get another release out. I should be able to get a release out when I get back that will have 1 relay toggling along with the commands. This will be on 1 long scrolling page initially. The reason for that is simplicity. I'd rather get it out and have it working and then come back later and separate things out.
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

So I installed the IOS App on my iPad... and everytime I try to refresh my RA status it crashes... Is this common or any thoughts on what is causing it?
binder

Post by binder »

ReEfnWrX wrote:So I installed the IOS App on my iPad... and everytime I try to refresh my RA status it crashes... Is this common or any thoughts on what is causing it?
make sure that there are no spaces in the host name. if there are non url characters in the url, the app will crash when you refresh and won't give a good error. this was found after it was released and has since been fixed but not released. so check that first.

Sent from my Nexus 7
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

If by host name you mean Address there is no spaces. It seems to only update pH or temp but only one if it does not crash.
3rdson

Post by 3rdson »

Just asking ...

Anyway update on a time frame for the much anticipated, (and appreciated), update?

Thanks
binder

Post by binder »

ReEfnWrX wrote:If by host name you mean Address there is no spaces. It seems to only update pH or temp but only one if it does not crash.
that is odd. I have not encountered this before, nor heard about it. I will have to look more and see if I find anything.
what libraries are you using? I have noticed some issues with 1.0.7 causing errors while using the android app but it could be unrelated.
3rdson wrote:Just asking ...

Anyway update on a time frame for the much anticipated, (and appreciated), update?

Thanks
well, it's going to be at least another week once i get it ready because of the apple release process. my best guess is sometime in the next couple weeks due to my hectic schedule unfortunately. I will try to get it sooner versus later.

Sent from my Nexus 7
ReEfnWrX

Post by ReEfnWrX »

I am using library version 1.1.0
binder

Post by binder »

ReEfnWrX wrote:I am using library version 1.1.0
ok, i will have to take a look then.

Sent from my Nexus 7
romebaby

Post by romebaby »

Any update? Are you getting any help from RA on this Binder?
binder

Post by binder »

romebaby wrote:Any update? Are you getting any help from RA on this Binder?
no update yet. I've had some help with the graphics and images. I just haven't had the time that I need to get into things. I'm working on it though the best that I can.

Sent from my Nexus 7
romebaby

Post by romebaby »

We appreciate your hard work binder, and the following comment is not towards you at all. It just seems to me that an advertised feature should be supported by the mfg, not some poor guy doing this in his free time. We've been waiting 3-4 months now for this, and I thought I bought an iphone controllable controller. It was advertised as such when I bought it. Love the RA but I'm wishing I would have bought the apex now.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

RA = Roberto and the community. Curt hasnt released the source yet and I dont have an ios7 xcode environment at this time to contribute anyway. The other half the problem too is apples development restrictions. Its not so easy to share the dev in an open source way that everyone can contribute.

I understand the frustration, but while the hardware aspect is a business, the platform is open source and sometimes these things are issues. You can blame apple as well for ios7 incompatibility...i cant use my car bluetooth anymore...thats really frustrating...

There are many ways to control your RA from your iphone, just because the ios7 app does not have all the features yet does not mean you did not get what you purchased. You can go to your wan ip address or internal ip address :2000/wifi to access the controller directly. You can type the commands manually into any web browser (first sticky in the dev libraries forum has all the available commands) or you can use safari and access the portal. I know none of these are as good as a native app but hopefully helps to understand the situation a little better.
thekameleon

Post by thekameleon »

I never thought I'd see the day where Apple was considered the big evil machine over Microsoft... But hey keep on buying those iOS products.... hahaha
binder

Post by binder »

romebaby wrote:We appreciate your hard work binder, and the following comment is not towards you at all. It just seems to me that an advertised feature should be supported by the mfg, not some poor guy doing this in his free time. We've been waiting 3-4 months now for this, and I thought I bought an iphone controllable controller. It was advertised as such when I bought it. Love the RA but I'm wishing I would have bought the apex now.
what specific functionalities are you needing?
is it purely the relay control and modes or was there others that you need? I ask just so I know. Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 7
mls228

iOS Reef Angel Status

Post by mls228 »

Romebaby wrote:We appreciate your hard work binder, and the following comment is not towards you at all. It just seems to me that an advertised feature should be supported by the mfg, not some poor guy doing this in his free time. We've been waiting 3-4 months now for this, and I thought I bought an iphone controllable controller. It was advertised as such when I bought it. Love the RA but I'm wishing I would have bought the apex now.
Romebaby note that you can always use the simple internal web server at http://webaddress:2000/wifi

That will give you basic monitoring and control.

Binder, thanks for all of your contributions.
ecam

Post by ecam »

Thanks binder.
romebaby

Post by romebaby »

The relay control. Turning sump light on/off for when I'm working down there, feed mode, & water change are what I miss. My controller head isn't easy to get at and my computer isn't right by the tank.
binder

Post by binder »

romebaby wrote:The relay control. Turning sump light on/off for when I'm working down there, feed mode, & water change are what I miss. My controller head isn't easy to get at and my computer isn't right by the tank.
Ok cool. I'll see what I can get done this week and "hopefully" get it sent to apple for their approval.