iOS Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
binder

Re: iOS Reef Angel Status

Post by binder »

mls228 wrote:Thank you so much. I love it.

Funny story. Last night my sister sat my three kids while my wife and I went out for dinner. From the restaurant I decided to have fun and cycle the lights and pumps on and off a bunch of times. My sister was freaked out but my 6 year old responded that
"It's just daddy."
that's awesome! sounds like something that I would do. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Same here. I've done something similar. I have remote desktop setup up on my editors MAC at work and I logged on and moved their mouse around and shut windows down while they were working.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk
binder

Post by binder »

ahmedess

Post by ahmedess »

I changed my phone from samsung s4 to iphone 5s. I would like to note that the app on android is so much better than the one on IOS. I really appreciate the effort done in both applications but i would like to know why is there so much difference between the two applications, why cant we add more features to the ios reefangel status to make it similar to the android version? I change values in memory a lot and being able to do that through a phone is a huge advantage to me. I wish that feature would be added to the IOS version. Again big appreciation to everyone contributing to both apps
binder

Post by binder »

ahmedess wrote:I changed my phone from samsung s4 to iphone 5s. I would like to note that the app on android is so much better than the one on IOS. I really appreciate the effort done in both applications but i would like to know why is there so much difference between the two applications, why cant we add more features to the ios reefangel status to make it similar to the android version? I change values in memory a lot and being able to do that through a phone is a huge advantage to me. I wish that feature would be added to the IOS version. Again big appreciation to everyone contributing to both apps
The big reason for the difference is that we do not have anybody that knows iOS very well helping. All of the work being done is done through contributions by users. I have been the one working on the Android app and maintaining it. John (wolfador) along with Dave (dmolton) had created the original iOS 6 app. Then when iOS 7 came out, it broke their app. I jumped in to help out but I do not know iOS. I have had to learn it from scratch and it is definitely different than Android. There is a big learning curve and my time has been very limited and I just have not had the ability to keep up and devote the amount of time needed. That reason sparked my posting of a topic asking for help and even willing to donate a controller setup for anybody who jumps in to help but that's not gotten a lot of response. I know somebody is working on a web app to be more cross platform but I do not know the status of that.
So that's where we stand. I know the iOS app needs work...we all do. Nobody else has jumped in to take over yet though.
rimai

Post by rimai »

I've been learning about phonegap and compilation on multiple platforms.
I created a simple app and should have a preview alpha version next week.
I can easily compile all for android and release for people to look and play with it. The iPhone will take longer due to the apple restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

rimai wrote:I've been learning about phonegap and compilation on multiple platforms.
I created a simple app and should have a preview alpha version next week.
I can easily compile all for android and release for people to look and play with it. The iPhone will take longer due to the apple restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I can help with the iPhone compilations if needed and could even release it for you if you would like. Doesn't make a difference to me....just trying to help out.
Seedlessone

Post by Seedlessone »

Since Apple is moving away from c++, will it be possible to port the android app?
binder

Post by binder »

Seedlessone wrote:Since Apple is moving away from c++, will it be possible to port the android app?
I'm not sure. I haven't looked into it much. I did see some about their new language called Swift. it looks interesting but hard to say about porting.
I know Roberto has been working on an app that can run cross platform for Android and ios. he hasn't released an ios test version yet since it is harder to compile for ios from what he says, so we shall see.
I think I need to look at porting more closely.

Sent from my Moto X
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

I doubt swift will have anything that can be used to port..

Our best bet i think will be a universal app. Can you and Roberto sync up to compile/publish through your ios account?
rimai

Post by rimai »

I have an apple dev account. Without it I can't deploy to apple products to even test it.
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

Roberto has released an OFFICIAL version of the status app for iOS. That app is located here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reef-an ... ?ls=1&mt=8

That app is now the default/standard app.

My app will be going away soon. If you have it installed, you can still use it but after July 14, 2014, it will no longer be available on the iTunes Store.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

Curt,

Thank you for the time, effort and expense to setup this app in the meantime! Hopefully now you can focus on your awesome android app!
binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:Curt,

Thank you for the time, effort and expense to setup this app in the meantime! Hopefully now you can focus on your awesome android app!
Thanks! I plan on focusing more on my android app. I have great things in store for it. :-)

Sent from my iPad mini
Elevatorguy1

Post by Elevatorguy1 »

You guys rock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
treetopflyn

Post by treetopflyn »

binder wrote:Roberto has released an OFFICIAL version of the status app for iOS. That app is located here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/reef-an ... ?ls=1&mt=8

That app is now the default/standard app.

I can't get this to work. It says my forum name is not set up.
bboss

Post by bboss »

I cannot to get this App to work either. Both my iPhone 5C and iPad Mini return status.html timeout, forum ID not been set, and invalid forum username. I just got my WiFi attachment, configured it and portal is working great.

The App was downloaded from Apple App Store, my iOS version is 9.1on my iPad mini, 9.0.2 on my iPhone.

Am I missing some setting here? Thanks.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It's been relaced by the Universal App. Look for ReefAngel UApp. The current version has a few minor issues with ios9 but hopefully roberto will release the new one soon.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

It's been relaced by the Universal App. Look for ReefAngel UApp. The current version has a few minor issues with ios9 but hopefully roberto will release the new one soon.
bboss

Post by bboss »

lnevo wrote:It's been relaced by the Universal App. Look for ReefAngel UApp. The current version has a few minor issues with ios9 but hopefully roberto will release the new one soon.
Thank you for re-direct me to correct thread. I will wait for the new release. 8-)
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

bboss wrote:I cannot to get this App to work either. Both my iPhone 5C and iPad Mini return status.html timeout, forum ID not been set, and invalid forum username. I just got my WiFi attachment, configured it and portal is working great.

The App was downloaded from Apple App Store, my iOS version is 9.1on my iPad mini, 9.0.2 on my iPhone.

Am I missing some setting here? Thanks.

I have the same issue on hand. My friend can connect with no issue on his android phone.

The app works fine on wifi and normal IP address but when i use my "mydns" it gives the same error as bboss mentioned.

Sorry forgot to mention i have the iphone 6S
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

This app is old and deprecated. Make sure to use the current ReefAngel UApp
Ferdi

Post by Ferdi »

lnevo wrote:This app is old and deprecated. Make sure to use the current ReefAngel UApp
Hi lnevo, i am using that app. Version 1.0.2 but its last update was 1 August 2014

If im still using the old version, please add a link as i also only get 1 app in the app store.
Attachments
image.png
image.png (122.81 KiB) Viewed 16251 times
image.png
image.png (219.85 KiB) Viewed 16251 times
lnevo

iOS Reef Angel Status

Post by lnevo »

Ok there are some issues with ios9. Email Roberto to get access to the dev version.

Also if you load the dev code, the latest uapp is built into the controller. So if your port forwarding is good you could browse to http://ip.of.controller/wifi
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

I just updated my app on my phone and it erased my info so I plugged it back in. now I can access the internal memory and clear status but my relay and status icons don't load. keeps saying disconnected.
rimai

Post by rimai »

You must update the controller with the latest libraries and you must not use cloud settings.
http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.ph ... ead#unread
Roberto.
jjdezek

Post by jjdezek »

Ok got it figured out thanks.