iOS Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:11 am
Excellent news ... count me as another very appreciative user.
Thank you.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:25 am
Is this app different from the ReefAngel-hd app in the apple aapstore?
200 liter reef cube + 1000 liter FOWLR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:05 am
Pny wrote:Is this app different from the ReefAngel-hd app in the apple aapstore?
yes it is different. that app will only work on ios 6 or lower. this new app is ios 7 or newer.

Sent from my iPad mini

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:06 pm
Can't wait.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:51 pm
WOW!!!!

Nice Job Curt

Can't wait :D

Osaka 40g with 55g sump
Radion, 2X Tunze 6045, Swc-160 mini cone

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:27 am
When it does go through will it be under reef angel in the App Store?
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:00 pm
jjdezek wrote:When it does go through will it be under reef angel in the App Store?
it will be under "reef angel status". i will also have a direct link on this topic and in my signature.

Sent from my iPad mini

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:21 am
Awesome work! You're doing this community a huuuuge service!

And well done for learning Objective C too!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:25 am
Just to give everybody a heads up on the progress....

They began reviewing the app last Wednesday. They requested more information from me (wanted a video demonstrating how to use the app). They also had an issue with connecting to my test server. Thus requiring me to resubmit information, create and upload a video, and such. I got all that completed and now am still awaiting them to review the app again. So we shall see how long it takes them to get to it and approve it.

Now, with all that being said, I've made more progress on the app. I've added in the Main (1st) Relay box. The status can be updated and the toggle switches reflect the state of the relays (ON, OFF, Overridden). The same concept will apply here as with the previous app and my android app. The switch will show the state of the relay and assume it's in AUTO mode meaning that the relay status is under control of the programming logic. If you override the port (manually turn it on/off), there will be a blue exclamation icon (triangle with exclamation point in it) indicating that the port has been overridden and is not operating according to the programming logic. If you click on that icon, it will reset the port back to its programming schedule. The switch state will be the GREEN for ON and blank with a RED outline for OFF. I have included a screenshot of what it would look like. There still has to be further testing done to get things correct, so I will keep you posted. Also, this is NOT the version that will be in the first release. This will be a second release once the app is approved. Just thought I'd share the progress with everybody and forewarn you that the app will most likely continue to change with each release.

My ultimate goal is to get it to look similar to the Android app (but not the same). There will be some Apple and Android differences but I'm hoping that things will be similar to make things easy to go from one OS to another with a minimal learning curve. The iOS app is definitely behind right now but I'm hoping to get it caught up fairly quick. :ugeek:
Attachments
Retina 3.5 4.png
Retina 3.5 4.png (69.91 KiB) Viewed 2694 times
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:32 am
Awesome... it should go faster now that you've had the initial review. Can't wait to see it. How much work will it be to add addtional relay modules now that the initial code is written? The last version required quite a bit of additional code which was ridiculous. Luckily it was a lot of copy/paste but something that easily should have been handled by arrays and what not.
PreviousNext

Return to Apps