iOS Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
User avatar
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:03 pm
mls228 wrote:Thank you so much. I love it.

Funny story. Last night my sister sat my three kids while my wife and I went out for dinner. From the restaurant I decided to have fun and cycle the lights and pumps on and off a bunch of times. My sister was freaked out but my 6 year old responded that
"It's just daddy."

that's awesome! sounds like something that I would do. :-)

Sent from my Nexus 7
User avatar
Posts: 1833
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:25 am
Location: Davie, FL
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:09 pm
Same here. I've done something similar. I have remote desktop setup up on my editors MAC at work and I logged on and moved their mouse around and shut windows down while they were working.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk
User avatar
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:03 am
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4464

Posts: 174
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 2:29 pm
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:12 am
I changed my phone from samsung s4 to iphone 5s. I would like to note that the app on android is so much better than the one on IOS. I really appreciate the effort done in both applications but i would like to know why is there so much difference between the two applications, why cant we add more features to the ios reefangel status to make it similar to the android version? I change values in memory a lot and being able to do that through a phone is a huge advantage to me. I wish that feature would be added to the IOS version. Again big appreciation to everyone contributing to both apps
User avatar
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:39 am
ahmedess wrote:I changed my phone from samsung s4 to iphone 5s. I would like to note that the app on android is so much better than the one on IOS. I really appreciate the effort done in both applications but i would like to know why is there so much difference between the two applications, why cant we add more features to the ios reefangel status to make it similar to the android version? I change values in memory a lot and being able to do that through a phone is a huge advantage to me. I wish that feature would be added to the IOS version. Again big appreciation to everyone contributing to both apps

The big reason for the difference is that we do not have anybody that knows iOS very well helping. All of the work being done is done through contributions by users. I have been the one working on the Android app and maintaining it. John (wolfador) along with Dave (dmolton) had created the original iOS 6 app. Then when iOS 7 came out, it broke their app. I jumped in to help out but I do not know iOS. I have had to learn it from scratch and it is definitely different than Android. There is a big learning curve and my time has been very limited and I just have not had the ability to keep up and devote the amount of time needed. That reason sparked my posting of a topic asking for help and even willing to donate a controller setup for anybody who jumps in to help but that's not gotten a lot of response. I know somebody is working on a web app to be more cross platform but I do not know the status of that.
So that's where we stand. I know the iOS app needs work...we all do. Nobody else has jumped in to take over yet though.

Posts: 12309
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:44 am
I've been learning about phonegap and compilation on multiple platforms.
I created a simple app and should have a preview alpha version next week.
I can easily compile all for android and release for people to look and play with it. The iPhone will take longer due to the apple restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Roberto.
User avatar
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:46 am
rimai wrote:I've been learning about phonegap and compilation on multiple platforms.
I created a simple app and should have a preview alpha version next week.
I can easily compile all for android and release for people to look and play with it. The iPhone will take longer due to the apple restrictions.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I can help with the iPhone compilations if needed and could even release it for you if you would like. Doesn't make a difference to me....just trying to help out.

Posts: 135
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 pm
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:37 pm
Since Apple is moving away from c++, will it be possible to port the android app?
User avatar
Posts: 2748
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:40 am
Seedlessone wrote:Since Apple is moving away from c++, will it be possible to port the android app?

I'm not sure. I haven't looked into it much. I did see some about their new language called Swift. it looks interesting but hard to say about porting.
I know Roberto has been working on an app that can run cross platform for Android and ios. he hasn't released an ios test version yet since it is harder to compile for ios from what he says, so we shall see.
I think I need to look at porting more closely.

Sent from my Moto X
User avatar
Posts: 5362
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:42 am
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:16 am
I doubt swift will have anything that can be used to port..

Our best bet i think will be a universal app. Can you and Roberto sync up to compile/publish through your ios account?
PreviousNext

Return to Apps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests