iOS Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:43 am
Cool!!!
Roberto.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:52 am
lnevo wrote:Awesome... it should go faster now that you've had the initial review. Can't wait to see it. How much work will it be to add addtional relay modules now that the initial code is written? The last version required quite a bit of additional code which was ridiculous. Luckily it was a lot of copy/paste but something that easily should have been handled by arrays and what not.

It should but they never officially reviewed the app yet. They started to but stopped because they didn't have a video demonstrating the app in use and they also screwed up the host. I gave them a test host to use and they added an extra space to the host string and it screwed up the testing for them. They rejected the app because of that (which was their error that I didn't handle properly inside my code). So now I must wait for them to get to my app again. When it's finally released, the version will be the one in the initial post.

As for the additional relays, I'm not sure. I would like to think that it would be easy to add them but I don't know how to handle it yet. I'm still looking into finding ways to create reusable views. All examples that I find is to manually create each screen and not a lot of reused/repeated code. In android it's appears easier to reuse the code (which is what I am doing). I'm using a lot of code from my android project to keep this modular as well, however initially the relay is not modular and is all hand coded. I wanted to get an understanding first before I made things any harder.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:45 pm
This is frustrating, waiting for them to review the app. Can you not release a "beta" version that we can use until they finish their review? Once it is "approved", we could then download the "authorized" version.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:51 pm
App store doesn't work that way unfortunately...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:12 pm
It would be nice if I could but I cannot....like lnevo said.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:34 pm
Can you sideload an apple product like you can an android?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:45 pm
johniii wrote:Can you sideload an apple product like you can an android?

If I have your device listed as a developer device linked to my account, you could load the apps that I built onto your device. I'm limited to 100 devices linked to my account.
Or I think you can sideload the apps if your device is jailbroken but I do not know for certain about this.
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:52 pm
And then there's this note from Apple in their developer portal...
Apple Developer Portal wrote:Pre-Release Software Reminder
You may only share Apple pre-release software with employees, contractors, and members of your organization who are registered as Apple developers and have a demonstrable need to know or use Apple software to develop and test applications on your behalf.

Unauthorized distribution of Apple confidential information (including pre-release software) is prohibited and may result in the termination of your Apple Developer Program. It may also subject you to civil and criminal liability.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:52 pm
Was just curious. I am familiar w I the android but not ios
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:54 pm
johniii wrote:Was just curious. I am familiar w I the android but not ios

Yeah, same here. The iOS stuff is all new to me in the last month or 2...
PreviousNext

Return to Apps