Android Alarms

Community contributed apps
goisles1

Android Alarms

Post by goisles1 »

Hi,

Android user here.. Sorry if this has been covered a million times already.. Tried searching but could not find my specific answer

My RA is setup to go into Alarm if the ATO runs longer then 20 minutes. Seems to be working fine.. if my reservoir runs empty, the head unit goes into alarm and stops the ATO from turning on until I clear it.

I also have a Overheat alarm set, but I've never tested it as my tank has been stable on that front.

I would like to create Notifications for Both the ATO and Overheat Alarm on the Android App. Can anyone advise how to do that?

I already have notifications for PH and temp that are working fine.

Thanks in advance..

Rob
binder

Re: Android Alarms

Post by binder »

In short, you cannot have an alarm on the android app that happens from the controller ATO or Overheat alarm. There's no way for me to get that data from the controller.

With that being said, you cannot be notified about the ATO alarm on the android app. Sorry. I think there is something in the works regarding the flags from the controller and those alarms are being set inside the flags. So this would require additional checking into to confirm. If this is the case (which, I actually think it is), then I should be able to add in that option to the android app. Then that should allow for the Overheat alarm as well (plus a couple others I think).

The Overheat Alarm can be set manually from the app. You should just create an alarm/notification that mimics the overheat on the controller. Then it would notify you that was tripped.
binder

Post by binder »

Yep, I just did a quick little search and confirmed what I was uncertain on.

There is a set of flags that get sent but I do not currently track them in the app. I guess I need to get my butt back in gear and start adding in the extra functionality to the app.
rimai

Post by rimai »

Hey Curt, before you start adding this, I have made a small change to this flag status in the dev branch, so you may want to pull it.
I have split into 2 flags.
One for status and one for alert.
The bits are defined inside Globals.h:

Code: Select all

// Alert Flags bits
#define ATOTimeOutFlag	0
#define OverheatFlag   	1
#define BusLockFlag   	2
#define LeakFlag		3

// Status Flag Bits
#define LightsOnFlag   	0
#define FeedingFlag   	1
#define WaterChangeFlag	2
And the tags will be <AF> amd <SF>
Roberto.
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

You should add those 2 flags to the r99 output unless they are already there?

<FLAG>0</FLAG> I guess it is there :)
rimai

Post by rimai »

Yeah, they are there on the dev branch.
The <FLAG> tag will be deprecated
Roberto.
binder

Post by binder »

Ok. I will check into those when I start to add.