Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:50 pm
For those of you who have been wanting an android app for monitoring your controller, you now have one.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/detai ... ngel.phone

Check out the link above or the icon link in my signature.

If you are curious about what the app looks like and how it functions, I have created a Manual for it along with photos and hopefully a detailed description of every aspect of the app.
Android Status Manual

I continue to post updates and new features in this forum. I have a few ways for people to stay up on the "newest" features and test releases before they hit the play store for the standard users.

There is a Google Plus community created for this app. I created the community specifically to allow for a Beta channel of the app for people to test the new releases without always having to download and install from my server. It will also allow for further discussions (if needed).

https://plus.google.com/communities/106 ... 8650872090

I maintain an archive of ALL the releases of my android app. This archive is kept up for those who cannot use the Play store or are wanting to sideload an APK or needing to drop down to a previous release (for whatever reason). The archive location is:

http://curtbinder.info/apps/

Also, inside the archive are all the apps that I have created and released.

Feedback is always welcome.

curt
Last edited by binder on Sun May 31, 2015 10:57 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Added link to the manual

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:23 pm
Awesome!!!
Let me play around with it :)
Roberto.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:10 pm
are you able to see relay status? I don't have mine hooked up through wifi right now, but I keep debating switching back.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:29 pm
alexwbush wrote:are you able to see relay status? I don't have mine hooked up through wifi right now, but I keep debating switching back.

no. this initial release does not display relay status. i was more focused on getting the basis down and the app released. relay status will be added in along with the mode changes and memory settings too.

curt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:36 am
Sweet! Now... how do I explain to the wife I need a wifi adapter for a controller that's 5 feet from my computer?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:00 am
I went with the "it saves energy since I don't need the computer on all the time"
John
ReefAngel and ReefAngel-HD developer
If the RA iOS app has helped please consider a donation

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:26 am
awwwww yeaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Thanks binder!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:37 am
agentgreen wrote:awwwww yeaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Thanks binder!

you are welcome. :D

more stuff will be added to the app so do not worry about functionality that is lacking currently. im already working on an update to improve connection handling and then hopefully on to the relay status and toggling. oh and cant forget about the memory reading and updating plus changing modes. 8-)

curt
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:23 am
Just pushed another release, so be on the lookout for it. Here's the new changes:

• Improved XML parsing
  • Added more status text updates
  • Switched to use HttpURLConnection, allows for read and connect timeouts
  • Moved status strings to strings.xml
  • Added connect & read timeouts to host class
  • Added ability to enter in userid for web banner on reefangel.com
  • Added ability to choose to query controller directly or reefangel.com for values

curt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:15 am
nice update. I haven't switched to wifi yet, so I am using the reefangel.com values. I guess it can't pull DP and AP percents from the website.

I might play with putting wifi back in if you're going to work it such that we can modify from our phones. I've got it plugged in via USB to a stand alone computer running the client right now.

Is a widget coming?
Next

Return to Apps