Sacohen

Re: Android Reef Angel Status

Post by Sacohen »

I got it a couple of days ago.
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

cosmith71 wrote:I got it.
Sacohen wrote:I got it a couple of days ago.
Ok thanks.. Lemme see what up
binder

Post by binder »

pandimus wrote:
it was only posted for the beta testers. so you need to be signed up for that from my google plus community. I have not pushed it out to everyone yet... making sure it passes the standard tests first.

Sent from my Nexus 7
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

binder wrote:
pandimus wrote:
it was only posted for the beta testers. so you need to be signed up for that from my google plus community. I have not pushed it out to everyone yet... making sure it passes the standard tests first.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Yeah i kinda figured that out when i reread your post. And realized it was only the old version on Google play
binder

Post by binder »

ok cool. so far things are looking and sounding good with it. if no other complaints about its functionality I will most likely release it to everyone this weekend.

Sent from my Moto X
binder

Post by binder »

Hold on to your hats folks, I just pushed out the official v2.0 release of my app.

Many thanks to all of you who tested and gave feedback during the long development phase.

I have updated all the screenshots on the playstore to reflect the latest design and layouts. I have included 7" tablet shots as well so you can see how it looks on those tablets too. The tablets screenshots also show what it looks like under the Android 5.0 and later. The standard phone screenshots are taken on KitKat.

Those people who did not test out the Beta versions, your app should update just fine (provided you have Android 4.0 or later....sorry guys that are still running 2.2 & 2.3, you won't be getting this update). If you have installed the Beta releases, you may have to re-do your homescreen launchers and re-add the app to your homescreen. Sorry for this problem but I fixed the issue with the release. I had changed a few internal names around and that initially screwed up the launcher. I just remembered that and fixed it for the official release. So, if you update your app and you notice that the launcher does not work, you know why.....my bad. :|

Otherwise, let me know if you encounter any issues with the update. I intentionally released it Friday night so I have the weekend to fix any "issues" that may come up from the updates. If no issues occur, then that's fantastic and it allows me to move onward to the next line of features and other misc projects.

Enjoy! :ugeek:
Ademster

Post by Ademster »

I don't like the colors, I loved the black background with the colored font.
otherwise seems to work the same.
Adam
58 Gal
pandimus

Post by pandimus »

I love it.. Seems to be flowing well right into lollipop
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Ademster;
Binder is working on themes so you can choose the current white one or the older black one.

The only thing I've noticed since I installed the pushed version yesterday was that my icon to it from my home screen disappeared.
No big deal I just dragged another one out from the apps screen.
binder

Post by binder »

Sacohen wrote:Ademster;
Binder is working on themes so you can choose the current white one or the older black one.
yes, i am working on the black theme.
The only thing I've noticed since I installed the pushed version yesterday was that my icon to it from my home screen disappeared.
No big deal I just dragged another one out from the apps screen.
yeah, unfortunately the beta testers lost their home screen app.

Sent from my Moto X
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

Like I said., no big deal.
I just wanted to make sure it didn't happen to the non beta testers.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Curt, it has everything I wanted in it. Custom Vars, memory locations, 16 channel dimming, DC Pump, labels for dimming module and other ports, limiting the probes shown (T2, T3, etc). I appreciate the Material Design as well. Looks really nice even on my new phablet (LG G4) with Android 5.1.
binder

Post by binder »

AlanM wrote:Curt, it has everything I wanted in it. Custom Vars, memory locations, 16 channel dimming, DC Pump, labels for dimming module and other ports, limiting the probes shown (T2, T3, etc). I appreciate the Material Design as well. Looks really nice even on my new phablet (LG G4) with Android 5.1.
awesome!

Sent from my iPad mini
joshlawless

Post by joshlawless »

From a comment Roberto made in another thread, I thought it might be possible to update / change the custom variables from the Android app. Is this true? I can't figure out how. I've got them displaying in the app, and can change their labels, but since I don't see them in the list of memory locations (and I don't know their memory address), I don't see how to write a value to them. Can you enlighten me?

To clarify, I'm running the app (v2.0.0 from the Play store) on Androidx86 in a Virtual Machine on my iMac (since I don't have an android tablet). I'm stuck with mouse and keyboard input, but can seemingly interact with the application just fine. But I saw the post you made at http://forum.reefangel.com/viewtopic.php?p=47242#p47242 and I can't figure out how to get that window to come up with the ability to change settings.
binder

Post by binder »

joshlawless wrote:From a comment Roberto made in another thread, I thought it might be possible to update / change the custom variables from the Android app. Is this true? I can't figure out how. I've got them displaying in the app, and can change their labels, but since I don't see them in the list of memory locations (and I don't know their memory address), I don't see how to write a value to them. Can you enlighten me?
on the custom variables page, you need to long press on the value of the variable. that will bring up the dialog box to allow for editing.

Sent from my iPad mini
joshlawless

Post by joshlawless »

binder wrote: on the custom variables page, you need to long press on the value of the variable. that will bring up the dialog box to allow for editing.

Sent from my iPad mini
Thanks! That worked.

FYI, for anyone that wants access to Curt's awesome app, but who doesn't have an Android device, you can install a copy of Androidx86 (for free) from Google (https://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/list) in a Virtualbox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) instance of Linux by following the directions here: http://www.howtogeek.com/164570/how-to- ... irtualbox/

Once that's all done, you can use the emulator to run Android, install Reef Angel Status, and connect via your LAN to the controller.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

joshlawless wrote:
binder wrote: on the custom variables page, you need to long press on the value of the variable. that will bring up the dialog box to allow for editing.

Sent from my iPad mini
Thanks! That worked.

FYI, for anyone that wants access to Curt's awesome app, but who doesn't have an Android device, you can install a copy of Androidx86 (for free) from Google (https://code.google.com/p/android-x86/downloads/list) in a Virtualbox (https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) instance of Linux by following the directions here: http://www.howtogeek.com/164570/how-to- ... irtualbox/

Once that's all done, you can use the emulator to run Android, install Reef Angel Status, and connect via your LAN to the controller.
Neat, that's a good tip.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Hey Curt,

I get an Error 24: XMLReadException when trying to get the time from the controller.

--Colin
Sacohen

Post by Sacohen »

I don't get anything at all.
No errors or response with the time.
binder

Post by binder »

yeah, i get that error too when I get the time. setting the time works just fine though.
I think I know what it is related to but have not confirmed it.

Sent from my Moto X
bkc6868

Post by bkc6868 »

Is there a way to add part readings to it
binder

Post by binder »

bkc6868 wrote:Is there a way to add part readings to it
part readings? I'm not familiar with that.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
lnevo

Post by lnevo »

PAR from Robert's PAR sensor I'd assume.
binder

Post by binder »

lnevo wrote:PAR from Robert's PAR sensor I'd assume.
that is what I thought as well but I wanted to be certain.

If it is referencing the PAR sensor, then that is not currently implemented in the app.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
slm222

Post by slm222 »

Will this app be updated to work with the new cloud attachment?
binder

Post by binder »

slm222 wrote:Will this app be updated to work with the new cloud attachment?
Possibly. I do not currently know how the new cloud attachment works, so I cannot say for certain. (I have not kept up on the discussion of it.)

binder

Post by binder »

Well, after 2 years of "inactivity", I finally put out another release of my app. It doesn't have lots of the requests from people. It primarily is updated to use the newer support libraries, which should hopefully fix some of the random connection issues. I personally have noticed that it fixes my issues with being unable to read the date and time from the controller.

I also added in some of the initial support for the RA*. You now have the second AP and DP channels available. It still displays the main/primary relay box, which is unused with the star. This should be hidden in future releases. It also does not use the new MQTT protocol. It still gets the data the standard way.

I am going to be gradually working on updating more in my spare time. It's just a slow process now for me.

Enjoy.

rimai

Post by rimai »

cool
thanks!!!
Roberto.
lucho

Post by lucho »

Curt, thanks for this! One question. I am having trouble downloading the labels. Not sure what is happening. Anything I can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
binder

Post by binder »

lucho wrote:Curt, thanks for this! One question. I am having trouble downloading the labels. Not sure what is happening. Anything I can do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it pulls the labels from the portal. so if the labels are not in the portal, it cannot get them. there could be a problem with your communication with the portal. try it on a different network if possible (use cellular instead of wifi).