Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
binder

Re: Android Reef Angel Status

Post by binder »

lucho wrote:Thanks Curt! That solved the problem with the labels. Awesome stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
awesome!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
tkeracer619

Post by tkeracer619 »

binder wrote:I just pushed a release of my app.
Awesome, great job! We appreciate the hard work!!
tkeracer619

Post by tkeracer619 »

Now that I have the ethernet board hooked up the app is much more responsive. I'm hopeful the ethernet board doesn't time out like my wifi module did.

We have really spotty cell service around here so today when I went into lowes or got home and didn't have wifi connected the app displayed notifications saying it couldn't connect to the controller.

I was curious how the app decides to post that message and had an idea... maybe it's stupid?

Prior to posting the notification could you ping 8.8.8.8 and hold off posting the notification for x amount of time if 8.8.8.8 doesn't respond? That way the app knows it can't connect to the controller because the phones data service isn't working.
binder

Post by binder »

tkeracer619 wrote:
I was curious how the app decides to post that message and had an idea... maybe it's stupid?

Prior to posting the notification could you ping 8.8.8.8 and hold off posting the notification for x amount of time if 8.8.8.8 doesn't respond? That way the app knows it can't connect to the controller because the phones data service isn't working.
not a stupid idea.
it's supposed to check if the network state is disconnected before it attempts to communicate. of course, you may still have a connection but not be able to get on the internet. I'll have to look into this as well. I cannot promise anything anytime soon unfortunately as I have no free time currently to do anything development wise (regular work, my 2 boys, and working on my addition consumes all of my spare time plus extra)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
binder

Post by binder »

So I know there's not been much activity on my app in a while...mostly because I've been busy with my little children at home and not having the time.

However, since I have updated my controller to a Star AND I've just added Dosing Pumps to my tank setup, more functionality has been desired by me. It's been a little bit of a processes because some of the libraries I have been using were NOT current to the Google security guidelines (it took some time to get those figured out). I've got my app now compiled against a new SDK (per Google). It's been a pain simply because so much has changed over the last year or so...hard to keep up.

I'm currently working on custom defined User Memory locations. So you can save your own locations instead of having to always type them in. Plus it will also save you from having to scroll through that HUGE list of the default / built-in locations (if you choose to add some of those locations to your custom locations).

Anyways, I'm gonna finish this functionality up in the next week and release an update.
Then I'm going to improve some of the History/charting functionality. Lastly, I'm going to see about getting "Dark" mode to work (this could be a pretty big undertaking....so it might not get into the app).

And finally, depending on my time frame, a partial re-write of my app may be necessary with an improved UI and better support for the Star (or Cloud Wifi). This would be a rather large task to accomplish, so who knows. It's just a thought.

So look for an update to my app in the coming week or 2.
binder

Post by binder »

The update was pushed a couple days ago. One thing that I have noticed is that the auto update is not working the way it should. Apparently in Android O, they changed background services and I didn't realize it. So I have to do the background updating differently. I will be working on this. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
binder

Post by binder »

The latest release should have fixed the auto updating (and updating in general) along with notifications.
Apparently, there is something going on with Android versions 7, 8, & 9 with updates. I've seen a huge increase in app crashes. If anyone has been affected by the crashes and wants to drop down to the previous version, look at the original post and get the link to the previous versions. You will need to uninstall the current version and then install the old version.
cosmith71

Post by cosmith71 »

Thanks for continuing to work on this, Curt. It's much appreciated!

--Colin
binder

Post by binder »

cosmith71 wrote:Thanks for continuing to work on this, Curt. It's much appreciated!

--Colin
welcome. glad to hear that it's still being used.

on a side note, it runs just fine on Android 10 on my Pixel 2. :-)

akkord64

Post by akkord64 »

I also use this everyday. Your efforts are very appreciated!
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

I'm sure this is a dumb question but does this work on the RA*? I noticed the last page stating we should download the earlier versions. I know U app is available but I liked the app better back then so thought I would start here.

I'm back from that flashy crap they call Apex . Don''t understand why everyone raves about it I've been part of so many threads where people are having issues like mine and jeopardizing their tanks health. Its getting ripped off the tank and sent in for another out of warranty RMA just so I can sell it . ( Sorry for the rant i'm upset that I even went away from RA that was so good to me ) Still have my entire line of RA and RA+ items in the garage and a new * so looking forward to learning everything I forgot about this system. Ill take confusion on coding over a $1000+ piece of trash any day .
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!
dapg8gt

Post by dapg8gt »

Glad to see this works on the * , Big thanks for spending so much of your personal time on this app for our pleasure. I used to love the adjustment of the dosing pumps on your app . Looking forward to getting this * on my tank in the next few days.
My other hobby has 450rwhp and eats tires instead of mysis!
binder

Post by binder »

dapg8gt wrote:Glad to see this works on the * , Big thanks for spending so much of your personal time on this app for our pleasure. I used to love the adjustment of the dosing pumps on your app . Looking forward to getting this * on my tank in the next few days.
yeah, it still works for the *. I personally use it regularly. I need to update it more but just haven't taken the time to do it.
i know that some people have had some issues with the latest version running on Android 8 (I think). something about the background updates. I run android 10 and it works fine for me...but I do have some issues with getting the date and time from the controller (not sure why but I do).

the app still works because the star still uses the original wifi commands in addition to the new commands that the UAPP uses.

anyways, welcome back from the apex world. :smile:

symon_say

Post by symon_say »

The charting feature is working?
binder

Post by binder »

symon_say wrote:The charting feature is working?
No. Apparently when I released the latest version, I forgot that I was in the middle of changing / updating something with the charts and I broke what little functionality I had implemented. I didn't realize it until now because I honestly don't use it.