Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:25 am
One thing I've noticed on tablets is that the relay screens become harder to use simply because the button is so far away from the label. It's a little harder to match up and hit the correct button (I know, I suck).

I like the idea of the relay screens being more like the commands screen, with a big square button that contains the label for each port.

--Colin
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:47 am
cosmith71 wrote:One thing I've noticed on tablets is that the relay screens become harder to use simply because the button is so far away from the label. It's a little harder to match up and hit the correct button (I know, I suck).

I like the idea of the relay screens being more like the commands screen, with a big square button that contains the label for each port.

--Colin

i have noticed that too. I honestly have not given much additional work to those devices but i need to. i could even have a slight alternating row color as well as larger buttons. i could even alter the layout and make it closer together. i will just have to play around with it and see what i come up with.

a side note, i have been working on perfecting the theming and layouts for the app. i want to try to follow the google material guidelines better. some things will match up properly and others might be slightly off but not terribly bad. it's just a work in progress.

Sent from my iPad mini
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 11:16 am
binder wrote:
cosmith71 wrote:One thing I've noticed on tablets is that the relay screens become harder to use simply because the button is so far away from the label. It's a little harder to match up and hit the correct button (I know, I suck).

--Colin

i have noticed that too. I honestly have not given much additional work to those devices but i need to. i could even have a slight alternating row color as well as larger buttons. i could even alter the layout and make it closer together. i will just have to play around with it and see what i come up with.

a side note, i have been working on perfecting the theming and layouts for the app. i want to try to follow the google material guidelines better. some things will match up properly and others might be slightly off but not terribly bad. it's just a work in progress.

Sent from my iPad mini

Nice. I can help with the graphics if you need it. Let me know.
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:02 am
Since documentation is, how do you say, lacking for my app, I took the time yesterday (all day actually) to document the app and include screenshots. It started off as me learning to use markdown and writing up some info about the preferences and then it turned into me writing up something for the entire app. I figured it was necessary to explain how everything works with the app so there's no confusion. It can also be a better help for me to keep track of what is missing, needed, not needed, etc. I plan on updating it as more functionality is added and as the app evolves.

It's a start for now. Here's the link to it:
Android Status Manual

It is based off of the existing Beta 3 version. I may be pushing out a RC 1 release later today. I'm pretty sure I have things about as polished as I can have them.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:20 am
Awesome!!!
Roberto.
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:24 am
Very nice Binder.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:26 am
Excellent....
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:44 pm
New update posted. Should be available in the store later tonight or tomorrow. Almost ready for official release. The theme should now be consistent all throughout. As long as it is, that will help for the addition of a Dark theme that so many have requested.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:37 pm
binder wrote:New update posted. Should be available in the store later tonight or tomorrow. Almost ready for official release. The theme should now be consistent all throughout. As long as it is, that will help for the addition of a Dark theme that so many have requested.

Havent seen this update hit yet..
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:21 am
I got it.
PreviousNext

Return to Apps