Android Reef Angel Status

Community contributed apps

Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:11 am
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:14 pm
Couldn’t make it work. Tried in 2 tablets, and tried using my phone’s internet connection. Interestingly when I change my portal ID to something fictitious I get the message that labels were downloaded. When I go back to my username it doesn’t say anything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Posts: 2723
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:21 pm
lucho wrote:Couldn’t make it work. Tried in 2 tablets, and tried using my phone’s internet connection. Interestingly when I change my portal ID to something fictitious I get the message that labels were downloaded. When I go back to my username it doesn’t say anything.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hmmmm... interesting.
let me look into this some and see if I can find anything out. I'll post back in a few days once I have a chance to test it out. thanks for your patience.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Posts: 12188
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:28 pm
Looking at your labels, I don't see anything out of the ordinary, but just as a test, can you change all the N/A for something like NA or na or something else?
I don't know if those slashes are causing any problems with the XML parsing inside the app.
Roberto.

Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:11 am
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:47 pm
Will try that Roberto, although it works well with the U App in my iPhone, it downloads well there


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Posts: 2723
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:05 am
I haven't had a chance to look at it yet but there could be a problem with the forward slashes and XML parsing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:11 am
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:29 pm
Unfortunately that didn’t work. Changed the four N/A for TBD but still nothing in the app


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posts: 12188
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:47 pm
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:55 pm
Ok, so try removing the dots and parenthesis. I don't know if those affect it either.
Make it so it is alphanumeric only. No weird characters.
I don't know if this is the problem, but it is worth a try and easy to do.
Roberto.
User avatar
Posts: 2723
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:20 pm
rimai wrote:Ok, so try removing the dots and parenthesis. I don't know if those affect it either.
Make it so it is alphanumeric only. No weird characters.
I don't know if this is the problem, but it is worth a try and easy to do.

I think I figured out the problem. I have a hard coded max number of temp sensors at 3. Since there can be labels up to 6 temp sensors, that causes the problem. The downloading and processing fails when it encounters the temp sensor above 3.

So, what I have to do now is fix the code to allow for those labels to be processed and ignore them until I get the additional 3 temp sensors incorporated into the app.
User avatar
Posts: 2723
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:20 pm
Location: Illinois
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 1:20 pm
I just pushed a release of my app. Here's a highlight of the updates
  • Changed the way the Back button operates - You must press the Back button 2 times to exit the app. It no longer navigates backwards through the screens. This was a source of problems by the changing of the screens.
  • Improved XML processing of labels and values - This fixes the label downloading from the portal.
  • Added initial graphing/chart support (Date range does not work currently) - Displays a graph of the parameters. It will display all the values of the given parameter no matter what the date range is selected.
  • Added ability to export the raw history sqlite3 database (exports to logging folder) - This is needed to help me filter out and parse the dates properly for the graphing support. Most users will not use this at all. However, some may find it cool to be able to get the SQLite3 database for viewing and such. This will not import into Excel, as it will not be a CSV file. This is the raw database file.
  • Ability to override the limit for storing pH 7 and 10 calibration values. You need to attempt to write the value that is above the 1024 limit. Once you get the message about it not being allowed, you need to press the Write button again within 10 seconds and the value will be able to be saved provided it is less than the maximum value of 32767.
I'm slowly working on adding features and functionality. I'm continuing to work on getting the graphing/chart support working for a given date range and improving the values displayed on the chart. It's a slow process for me, but bear with me on it.
I'm ultimately wanting to get multiple RA support added in and revamp the UI. Patience, patience. :)

Let me know if you encounter any problems with the release.

Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:11 am
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:40 pm
Thanks Curt! That solved the problem with the labels. Awesome stuff!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PreviousNext

Return to Apps

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests